Adium (OS X) problem with Yahoo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adium (OS X) problem with Yahoo

A really important person started a new Yahoo account, which I added to my Yahoo messenger contact list on Adium. Unfortunately, despite this person being online and chatting to me she appears constantly offline. She would never set her messenger program to appear invisible to me, and according to her the settings at her end are set to normal (she uses a Windows program called Trillian for accessing Yahoo messenger). Any ideas what might be wrong somewhere?

BTW, I'd rather not use the 'official' Yahoo Messenger as it crashes all the time on my Mac, and most chat messages don't appear to actually get through to me. That's the same with the last few versions of that software.

Found out the problem. I downloaded the 'official' Yahoo Instant Messenger software again and my girl wasn't on the contact list under that program, despite being my YIM contact list on Adium. So I added her there, she accepted (obv) and things are fine now. But it basically means that new YIM contacts can't be added on Adium, yet I can't use the official software because it barely works with sending messages. Great!

Comment

Quick one mate,do you know how you get Adium to alert you when you get a new email,particuarly through Hotmail?

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Pavey View Post
        Quick one mate,do you know how you get Adium to alert you when you get a new email,particuarly through Hotmail?
        No... Doesn't alert you to a GMail or Yahoo email so I doubt it does with Hotmail (not that I have an MSN account, admittedly...)

Comment

Annoying isnt it? Do you know of any similar programs?

Comment

Annoying isnt it? Do you know of any similar programs?
            I've heard of Proteus, which is the same 'sort of thing' to Adium on the Mac, but never used it. It may be better; I don't know.

Comment

You can actually do this, I have just discovered. Under the account editting options you can se Yahoo and MSN to check for emails if you tick a box.

Comment

Thanks mate,just found it.

It lets me know of mail when i first open the program,but hopefully it'll alert now when a mail turns up.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                X