PS2 to PS3 adapter USB thingy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS2 to PS3 adapter USB thingy

I've tried searching this, but having no luck. I want to use a PS2 HRAP on a PS3. What is the best adapter out there, and where do I buy it from? I've never bought anything like this before so I'd appreciate the help. I don't want any lag, which I've heard can be a problem.

Thanx.
    Kept you waiting, huh?

I'd try looking on the Virtua Fighter forums, they had some pretty in depth discussions regarding which were the best adapters to use, I think the elecom ones came out on top but it might be worth checking if there have been any developments since then.

Comment

Elecom, yes. That is the one I heard suffers no lag. Where can I get some?
      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I'd check the normal import sites, Play Asia, Yes Asia, etc, they are the type that usually have this sort of thing.

Comment

General discussion about adapters and has a link to purchase the elecom ones.

Comment

I got one of these from HK for about £3...

Not sure about PS3 use as yet as I've not opened my PS3 as yet but I do intend to use my Hori Rap on my PS3 though for VF5.

What I can say though is that if you buy this, you can also use it on the PC so it's great for mame and it doesn't require any drivers.

You can buy one here...

Comment

Will rumble work on PS2 games with these or is rumble to do with the PS3 hardware?

Comment

Originally posted by phillai View Post
                I got one of these from HK for about ?3...

Not sure about PS3 use as yet as I've not opened my PS3 as yet but I do intend to use my Hori Rap on my PS3 though for VF5.

What I can say though is that if you buy this, you can also use it on the PC so it's great for mame and it doesn't require any drivers.

You can buy one here...

http://cgi.ebay.com/PS2-Controller-t...QQcmdZViewItem

If that works without lag, it'll be excellent as I'm in the process of modding VSHGs to work with both PS2 and PS3. Nice one Phil.
                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I've also got one of the usb adapter's phillai linked to. Used it on both PS3 & PC and not noticed any lag. Not tried it with any fighters though so not sure how it'd cope with them.

Couple of things to be aware of though:

- it works fine with PS3 games but best used as a 2nd controller as it lacks a PS Button.
                  - doesn't work with PS2 games at all as you get an on-screen prompt to press the PS Button when you start the game. No matter what you try (by switching between PS3 & PS2 pads etc.) you can't get round this.....

afaik there are no adapters on the market at the moment that'll work with PS2 games.

Comment

How did CEX have RR7 running with DS2's, despite the lack of PS button then?

Lol, I just re-read your post. I've heard about people using HRAPs on PS3 with PS2 fighters though. How do they do that?
                    Last edited by J0e Musashi; 26-03-2007, 13:12.
                    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Not sure tbh.

Is it possible to manually reassign controllers within the game options in some PS2 fighters? if so it's possible they could be using a PS3 controller as p1 & a HRAP as p2 initially & just swapping them over via the options???

Comment

Working...
                      X