Best place to import a 20GB PS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best place to import a 20GB PS3

Suggestion please as I need one fairly quick, actually I assume the 20Gb one require a stepdown as it's a 110V so am I better off with a US 60GB or was the 20Gb released in the US ?

Thanks
    Last edited by Unwell Cat; 25-03-2007, 16:12.

Which region?

Comment

Originally posted by Geezer View Post
      Which region?
      US if they released the 20Gb model over there as I really do not want the hassle of buying a stepdown.

Comment

PS3's don't need stepdowns as all regions have multi-voltage PSU's inbuilt.

Comment

Originally posted by BluntX View Post
          PS3's don't need stepdowns as all regions have multi-voltage PSU's inbuilt.
          Does that apply to the Japanese models as well ?

Comment

All PS3s have a 100-240V PSU so a stepdown is a non-issue.

The 20GB is "available" in the US, the problem is Sony are shipping next to none of them as they take a bigger loss on them than the 60GBs. Finding a 20GB from a US exporter may prove difficult or even impossible.

If you're willing to get a HK console, there is a UK ebayer selling them for ?314inc for the 60GB model.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezer View Post
              All PS3s have a 100-240V PSU so a stepdown is a non-issue.

The 20GB is "available" in the US, the problem is Sony are shipping next to none of them as they take a bigger loss on them than the 60GBs. Finding a 20GB from a US exporter may prove difficult or even impossible.

If you're willing to get a HK console, there is a UK ebayer selling them for ?314inc for the 60GB model.
              That looks a good price, any downside to the HK model ?

Comment

Originally posted by Unwell Cat View Post
                That looks a good price, any downside to the HK model ?
                -Depending on the game, you may only be able to play on HK servers online.
                -NTSC/J only backwards compatibility (depends on your tastes, this may be a positive)
                -Region 3 only for DVDs, US or UK stuff won't work, (but US Blu-Ray will)
                -No warranty. The price is good but I got burned with my US PS3 and had to pay £100 shipping in total to get a new machine, I'd rather just get a UK machine due to the warranty.

Comment

Working...
                X