Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

N64 - No picture...

Hey.

With my N64, i'm just using a normal lead (looks like an aerial) I plug it into the back of my TV. Now a month ago. I used to get the picture fine. It used to just come up.

But then I left it behind by TV and unplugged for a few weeks. I plugged it in last night, and I can't get the signal. I can get a very faint picture and sometimes sound. I try to tune it in, but it doesn't get any clearer.

What's going on?

Get yourself a Nintendo composite phono or S-Video cable, those RF units are the devil's work.

Comment

Do they go for very much? As i'm skint!

What I don't understand is that I had a fine picture, but now it's just gone.

Comment

Originally posted by 007
        Do they go for very much? As i'm skint!

What I don't understand is that I had a fine picture, but now it's just gone.
        Serious blud you can even get them in Pound shops! The only way you can get a decent image out of the N64 is to RGB mod an NTSC machine, the PAL one is pretty dodgy through whichever cable.

Comment

Do you have an S-Video port on your TV? I can do you an S-Video/composite cable for ?5 inc postage.

Comment

Hi,

I have some Spook SVHS cables for sale, click http://ntsc-uk.domino.org/viewtopic....088&highlight= for redirection

Comment

Originally posted by 007
              I can get a very faint picture and sometimes sound. I try to tune it in, but it doesn't get any clearer.
              Isn't that what RF signals are supposed to look like
              As for why it doesn't work, has your lead started to unscrew itself or something? Or not plugged in far enough into the N64?
              RF. Terrifying. Didn't realise anyone still used it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Tosser
                Hi,

I have some Spook SVHS cables for sale, click http://ntsc-uk.domino.org/viewtopic....088&highlight= for redirection
                Hey.

Will these do the Job just fine?

Cheers.

If so i'll take one.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr
                  RF. Terrifying. Didn't realise anyone still used it.
                  Shudder. It's a modern day crime to find those leads are still packed as standard with most consoles.

Comment

hmm think you'll find that the PS2, GC and Xbox all come with composite cables...

Comment

Working...
                    X