Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wii update bar frozen without moving (Looking for advice whilst it is still on!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wii update bar frozen without moving (Looking for advice whilst it is still on!)

Hi guys,

I've been trying to get my brother's wii online. After a few attempts conguring the livebox a220 (part of orange's package) and the wii settings it established a connection then I clicked update and it seems to have frozen without moving the bar. I don't want to brick it by turning it off, shall I turn it off or pursue some other course of action (soft reset perhaps?)

Thanks

Tom

I had the same problem, it would connect then try to update and nothing would happen.

I had to switch mine off at that point several times.
    I finally got it fixed by making sure these ports were open on my router/network firewall

Allowing TCP and UDP Traffic:
    The Wii console may require unrestricted access to several sites across various ports and protocols to function correctly. These addresses and ports vary, and may change in the future without notice. Many software firewalls restrict outbound access. Only if your firewall blocks outbound traffic do you need to enable this traffic:

TCP:
    Allow traffic to all destinations on ports: 28910, 29900, 29901, 29920, 80, and 443

UDP:
    Allow all traffic to all destinations. (Necessary for peer-to-peer connections and game play). Our Network Test tool can be used from a computer behind your firewall to test if outbound UDP is allowed.

Comment

My router is a little temperamental with large downloads, so I've had to power off during the update downloads more than once. It's fine though, it seems that the flash is done once everything is down. It's a pain that you have to power off by removing the power rather than just pressing the button, but I understand why.

I actually called Nintendo the first time it happened to me, and they said it was fine to do it.

Comment

Same thing happened to me last night too. Try the TCP/UDP thing, it solves innumerable problems.

Comment

Thanks guys. Most appreciated.

Comment

Working...
          X