Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buying a 360 - what the hell is a 'pro' console?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying a 360 - what the hell is a 'pro' console?

Hi,

I'm looking to buy a 360 this weekend. Blockbuster seem to have a good deal on at the moment - 360 'pro' console (we'l come back to that), GoW, Crackdown, Ghost Recon 2 for ?299.

Now this seems like a good deal to me. I have no idea what a 'pro' console is though. When I asked the only guy serving today, he said it was 'the one with the hard drive' but couldn't tell me more than that. So I'm guessing this is a premium pack? Can anyone confirm?

Is this a good deal? Are there better deals?

Finally, will I get a SCART lead in the box? I'm still on SD for now ...

Thanks for any help.

Jay

Must just be the premium pack i would think mate. seems a good deal though.

And no,you'll have to buy the scart separately.

Comment

That is a Fantastic deal, 3 fantastic games all that cost £40 on their own.
      I'd snap one of them up quick-sharp.

Somewhere else had the same deal but without GRAW2 included.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Pavey View Post
        Must just be the premium pack i would think mate. seems a good deal though.

And no,you'll have to buy the scart separately.
        Thanks. Can you explain what you mean by 'just' the premium pack? I thought this was the better of the two on offer?

Sorry for stupid questions, just want to be sure what I'm getting for my hard-earned.

Cheers.

Jay

Comment

Ignore my just mate. Its the pack to get,as you get everything you'll need.

Go for it tomorrow with that deal,as Boris says those games are all ?40 AAA games.

Comment

Nice one. Cheers

Jay

Comment

Which Blockbuster is it,as i have noticed they seem to have different prices store to store?

Between me (Potters Bar)and Central London anyway.

Comment

Have seen it in two - Chiswick High Road and Twickenham.

There's a possibility I may have to wait until early next week, so I hope this offer lasts until then ...

Comment

Ah, now I've seen the play-asia 20% off tingum, I have one more question - will a Japanese wireless network adaptor work on a PAL 360?

Jay

Comment

There are very similar offers floating around

You can get

360 premium console, GoW, Crackdown, PGR3 arcade unplugged and an extra wireless pad for £315 in gamestation.

Comment

In my opinion the three game mentioned are amongst the best games out on the 360 and are certainly 3 of my faves!

The premuim pack includes all the stuff that you`d need to buy if you opted for a core pack, hard drive, headset, wireless controller, etc, etc.

I wish those kind of deals were around when I was getting my 360 but, even at the inflated sum I paid for mine it was worth every ****ing penny and you won`t be disappointed.

Comment

Nice. Forgot to mention that if you chuck in another 20 quid you get a wireless pad with the blockbuster deal.

I'm tempted by PGR3 though ... hmmm ...

Jay

Comment

Crackdown costs more and is a great game, you can pick up PGR3 for £10 in the sales thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
                            Ah, now I've seen the play-asia 20% off tingum, I have one more question - will a Japanese wireless network adaptor work on a PAL 360?
                            I use a PAL wireless adaptor with my NTSC-J console and it works fine. I presume it works the other way round.

Comment

Excellent. Cheers all.

Jay

Comment

Working...
                              X