Problem with C&C3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with C&C3

So after advice, i got C&C3 (kane edition), installed fine, but when i go to load, my moniter goes blank and says video signal is out of range (before this, it only happened with a really old game and the resolution was too low for my moniter)

so what could be the problem, and what does this message mean? would like to play this tonight.

thanks to all that help

aaron

The default resolution is not supported by your monitor. is there a safe mode? if not is there an ini file in the c&c directory that contains the default screen res? change it to one your monitor can support.

I take it it's a Dell?

We see that problem all the time.

Comment

nah its called a hanns g, my res at the mo is 1440x900. dont understand why i wont work! but will look for the ini file.

thanks

aaron

Comment

Update....

Still isnt working, checked every folder of the game for an ini file or config file, nothing! googled it, checked the specs, still nothing, so am at a loss now!!

please help! lol

Aaron

Comment

Dunno if this link helps

Link 1

Comment

oh well, no c&c3 for me then! lol, cant change the moniter to 4:3, have gone throught all the decent resolutions from 1024x768 right up to my current one!

ah well, will wait till they hopefully patch it, back to good ol age of mythology.

thanks tho

aaron

Comment

Actually the "out of range" type errors are usually related to refresh rate. Check your video card drivers to see if they have a way to force the Direct3D refresh rate to 60Hz (which is what your LCD monitor needs).

Comment

there is also a patch available, have you updated?
                if not just re-insert cd and choose to update from menu

Comment

yeah, my c&c3 is fully up to date, checked my refresh rate, was already at 60hz, changed it to 75hz, still didnt work, finally thought it might be because my pc is set to dual screen (with my tv) so disabled that. and it still isnt working, ive checked all the c&c3 message boards, cant find an explination for why, i more than meet the requirements!!

keep the suggestions coming, im sure someone will get it! lol

Aaron

Comment

Interesting thread here.

Is For Generals, but seems to be the same issue.

Guy managed to solve it by reinstalling the graphics drivers.

Another thread here also, this one links to a tool for radeon cards to force refresh rates.
                    Last edited by bootmonster; 31-03-2007, 23:26.

Comment

Working...
                    X