Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PC Building Question

OK I've chosen my PC

Let me know if the image text is too small.

I'm a bit rusty at this because it's been 2 years since I last built a PC. But before I wack it on the MasterCard I need to make sure this motherboard and PCI Express card will fit in my current case, and the the PSU will power it.

This is my case

This is the motherboard spec
    Leading the way in bespoke PC systems and PC gaming, any and all of your components & peripherals needs are met with our vast range of products and services.

Thanks!

PSU I'm not so sure about, but your components should fit into your case fine... motherboard is your standard ATX jobby, and graphics card isn't stupidly long etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Hohum View Post
      PSU I'm not so sure about, but your components should fit into your case fine... motherboard is your standard ATX jobby, and graphics card isn't stupidly long etc.
      OK thanks. I think I'd only need a new PSU if i went for a direct x 10 card and if started overclocking the CPU.

Comment

The PSU worries me a bit...it's rated 380w, which should be enough for the equipment you listed, a couple of HDDs and an optical drives, however, the brand (TruePower) sounds like an OEM low-budget product...I'd reccomend at least a 430w, possibly from a good brand (Tagan, Seasonic) and swap the 120mm fans on the case with something less noisy, like a Papst GLL.

Comment

TruePower is a model name, it's actually manufactured by Antec so quality-wise it should be fine.

Comment

the new geforce cards i think the 8800xt need about 500 watts

the more budget ones like the 8800 gt need 450 watts

Comment

My Antec Sonata PSU went up in smoke at the start of last year. A small upgrade from a P4 2.8 with 1GB RAM and a 9800pro graphics card to a Pentium 4 550 and new PCI-E/AGP motherboard and it blew a week later.

Comment

Originally posted by Hohum View Post
                TruePower is a model name, it's actually manufactured by Antec so quality-wise it should be fine.
                Still, I'd check the 12v rail ratings before using that PSU. The x1950 is quite demanding on this rail, the AGP version needs around 15v on two hdd molex connectors (Sapphire version). It should be a bit lower for the PCI-E version, but having a PSU dying for too much load is not a good thing.

Comment

If your anything like me, you'll be wanting one of these http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showpr...odid=HS-006-SY

Depends if it'll fit in the case mind.

My machine is almost 100% silent... above CPU fan, Seasonic S20 PSU, stock 7900GTO fan, Antec P180 case. A consideration if you want quiet.

Comment

Working...
                  X