PS3 Display glitch / problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS3 Display glitch / problem?

Just got my US PS3 today (hope it's ok to post here) and there's a line across the top of the screen every so often (when it gets hectic) that looks a bit like a v-sync problem but I know it's not that. It happens in F1, GTHD and Motorstorm (pretty much everything I've tried)

It's perfectly horizontal. I can't take a pic but I've done my best editing this pic to illustrate.

Anyone else had a similar issue?

I'm using HDMI with 720p set as the top res (prefer it to 1080i)

Tried a different type of connection? Even if it's composite, just to test.

Comment

Could be a faulty graphics cards, or faulty driver's.Test all other connection's then update the console to it's latest foirmware, or reflash it with the latest firmware again

Comment

Cheers for the replies, it seems it's a problem with my TV. I've had a play with the settings and through 'PC mode' it's fine (and the picture is actually sharper) but I can't get sound and in 'Video mode' I get this glitch but the sound comes through fine.

Arrgh.

edit: All fixed, I managed to daisy chain a concoction of phono adapter plugs to get sound from the 360 and PS3 from the one PC audio input (green thing). Problem now is I get sound from neither if both consoles are plugged in!

Oh well it will probably save me some electric to unplug the 360 more often and I turn the PS3 off at the back anyway when I'm not using it.

A victory for Al Gore, he's totally cereal.
        Last edited by tyler; 03-04-2007, 18:03.

Comment

tyler..I think i've noticed this too. It's like a line of static (like your pic) that appears for a split second either top or bottom. I'm using a Bravia LCD with sound going through my receiver via optical-out.

Sounds like it has something to do with sound output but I just didn't quite follow how you managed to fix it??

Comment

It's more to do with the HDMI / DVI display options. In the menu on my TV I can choose between 'PC Mode' and 'Video Mode' for my digital input. The messing I did with the sound cables is purely because TV has an odd way of handling how it wants the audio cables hooked up. By the HDMI / DVI and VGA inpus there's a PC audio in and 2x phonos. The PS3 cables were into the phonos which picked up fine in 'Video mode' but didn't output when I switched to PC mode. As my Xbox was taking up the PC sound input on the TV (through VGA) I had to do some daisy chaining.

Hope you get yours sorted.

Comment

Working...
            X