Budget Surround system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Budget Surround system

I've got a friend who is after a new surround sound system, he is looking to spend around ?250, which I know isn't going to buy anything fantastic, but any suggestions for him?

You can get the Yamaha AV59 set for under that but I wouldn't recommend it. Truly awful for music. Guitar Hero is shocking on it.

Good for retro hardware but the sub freaks out on some MD games.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
      I've got a friend who is after a new surround sound system, he is looking to spend around ?250, which I know isn't going to buy anything fantastic, but any suggestions for him?
      These are supposed to be very good. Be warned the woofer is the size of a small house!!

I was gonna get these, but didn't want all the wires, and room is fairly small, so opted for 2.1

Hello, is it me you’re looking for? Oops, something appears to have gone wrong. We’ve updated our site recently so you may have come looking for a page that’s moved.  Trying clicking here, or use the logo above to go back to the home page. Anyway, the page doesn’t exist. If you think it should […]

really good for their size and only ?90

Comment

I've got a Logitech Z-5400 in my room and it's perfect for that sort of application, and I'd even recommend them for a small living room. Cost me about ?150 but if you can still find it (I have a niggling feeling that it's discontinued now) you should be able to pay much less now.

It's plenty loud enough and sounds good at high volume, has a good number of ports (three stereo, two optical, one coax), and supports any audio formats that you're likely to need any time soon for games and DVDs - Dolby Digital, DTS, Dolby Pro Logic II. THX-certified as well, in case that's important to you.

Comment

if you think that sub's big, you haven't seen the one that came with my mordaunt short genie setup... it's the size of a LARGE house

Comment

Originally posted by Crisp_Rapper View Post
            if you think that sub's big, you haven't seen the one that came with my mordaunt short genie setup... it's the size of a LARGE house
            Cross forum stalking is creeping me out! Stop!!

Comment

i can't help myself

Comment

Originally posted by Crisp_Rapper View Post
                i can't help myself
                Ok. Carry on!

Comment

Originally posted by bignige View Post
                  These are supposed to be very good. Be warned the woofer is the size of a small house!!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-Dig...5548047&sr=8-4
                  I have these, bleedin' brilliant

Use it with this cheap optical switcher and your sorted for all your gaming http://www.tvcables.co.uk/cgi-bin/tvcables/SW001.html

Supports everything you need... DD, DTS, LPCM, Pro Logic II.

Comment

I'm looking to sell one of these if he's interested: http://www.sony.co.uk/view/ShowProdu...a+Surround+Kit

HDMI switching, a reasonable selection of digital inputs, built in radio, calibration mic, and it doesn't sound bad for the money either.

Much better than my previous Logitech kit (Z680) which was all about looking llike it sounded good rather than sounding good.

Last edited by andrewfee; 03-04-2007, 09:52.

Comment

Working...
                    X