Getting games from Germany

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting games from Germany

I want to order a german version of a game from an online retailer that's setup in a few european countries.

My question is, if I order from the german version of the site will I get a german version of the game or once they realise I'm from another country will I get the title from the part of the retailer that's in the country I'm in?

I think it's very likely I will get the german version by ordering from the german site as I'm pretty sure they're seperate (haven't tried signing up to the german site yet) but before I do it I thought I'd check here to see if anyone's had any problems doing anything like this.

You should always ask before ordering from a foreign retailer. I know Gamefreax sells both English and German games too. It really depends if a certain game is fully localized. But most games have multiple languages, as you should know.

Comment

Having just got back from Cologne, Germany, I notice most of my nephews games and those in the shops have german manuals. I'm guessing the games may have English options (PAL conversions often do).

Comment

Yeah it really depends on the system and the game. Some will be multi language, some will be German only. Ask before buying!
        Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

What are you hoping to buy from Deutschland ?

Have you tried Play or Amazon ?

Comment

Well I'm looking to get 360 versions Saints Row and possibly Quake 4 so I can replay them and get achievements off them as they're different versions from the normal PAL versions outside of Germany.

Was going to use Amazon but wasn't sure if i could mention a rival seller on this site.

Comment

Working...
            X