Red white audio to headphone input

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red white audio to headphone input

I want something I can use to plug this into my red and white socket off Sky+ to allow me to plug in a headphone. So I can watch TV when my folks are asleep. (I got a fab scart cable which only do video signals) I would prefer something small, powerful and doesn't use a big ugly transformer plug. I got Old PC Speakers which can do the job but it is too big for me and no room on the top of media cabient.

I can't use my home cinema speakers and amp as it got no headphone socket.

So you'd need a short cable that has male white/male red on one side and a small male jack. Then plug in a converter that has female jack on both sides. Plug the headphones' jack in the other side of the converter.

I'd guess your headphones have got a large jack connector? (then get the right size of jacks on both the cable and converter, otherwise get another plug so you can go from large to small)

I know this really isn't an answer, but AFAIK, this is the only(?) way to do it.

Comment

Shinebi is right, I use the same sort of thing for my 360 via VGA (connect speakers with a 3.5mm jack onto the red, white audio outputs). Both bits required can be obtained from Maplins for about £1.50 each

Will find the part numbers for you if needed, just post.

Comment

Will that give me enough output for volume as I am a deaf guy.

Comment

Would say so, but obviously the volume will be fixed, I use headphones with a volume dial on the lead.

Comment

I'm using a similar set up with my PS3 and if you have a decent set of headphones (with a volume dial as DH says) it should be plenty loud enough for you. I only have mine set at approx. 30% volume and it more than adequately drowns out my kids squabbling :-p

Comment

My headphone don't have volume dial. (I use Beyerdynamic DT 231 for headphone I tried about 8 different ones for 40 pounds range and find it suit me the best)

I will have a look at deaf people catalogue to see if there is anything suitable.

Last edited by Salsa Party Animal; 05-04-2007, 14:56.

Comment

I will pop in Maplin tomorrow.

Comment

Oh, just remembered, the cable with two male cinches on one side and one jack on the other side does also exist like this: the male jack replaced by a female jack (this might be more expensive, but has less signal loss if, any at all).

Comment

Working...
                  X