Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US GameCube... image distorts horizontally off to the right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

US GameCube... image distorts horizontally off to the right?

I was wondering if you could give me some advice. I live in the UK and have imported a US GameCube (and have a modified ?50 scart lead). So far I have tested Zelda, Rogue Leader and Spiderman on my new Sony WEGA 100 Hz NTSC compatable TV. Rogue Leader and Spiderman seem almost perfect visually but as it is a widescreen tv the image distorts horizontally off to the right a few millimeters (leaving a gap at the top left and bottom right of the screen) and also dips in the middle vertically. I then noticed some faint vertical lines when viewing things very close up in Zelda although this game dose not suffer from the other distortion. I have not yet checked my other games but I was under the asumption that I would get a perfect image with an NTSC compatable TV and have never herd people speek of such inperfections when importind before. Has anyone else experienced the same distortions. I would apreciate some advice as I am considering selling most of this stuff and getting a PAL cube and games for a perfect result.

sounds very much like your tv needs picture adjustment for 60Hz video, something an engineer should really do.

have you got another 60Hz console (like a pal dreamcast or an xbox) you can test?

Comment

It does the small horizontal slide on my import Cube + Saurian RGB cable on a few titles (WE6FE to name one, but just on the title screen that I've noticed). But not all GC games. And certainly not on my US N64 or US SNES. So god knows what's up...
      Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

It did this on my Panasonic Q the second I bought an excellent RGB cable off Saur. The very easy way of solving the problem is to simply boot up the GC with no disc in it and adjust the screen position from the menu. Problem solved.

Comment

Actually my screen position is centred with the GC menu... so probably why I only see it on a couple of places (such as WE6FE title) because they don't take up the full width...

Comment

Can anyone with a US import of Zelda please check for the faint vertical lines thing when link is close up next to screen. It is not always noticable so you may have missed it.

I have already adjusted the screen position but on a widesceen TV it dose not help this as the image is not simply moved to the side it is bent towards the top about 4 millimeters leaving a gap at the top right and bottom left. This is also hard to notice but it really anoys me! ft:

Comment

There was a topic a little while ago where three or four people on this board had the faint lines thing in Zelda ( myself included ).

It was most noticable for me during the in-game night time and whilst out at sea

Mines the US copy of the game, but I know someone else had the PAL version and it did exactly the same thing

I don't think anyone's figured out why it does it ( I feel your pain cos once you notice it, its hard to stop noticing it ) ft:

Comment

I have a Q and one of saurs leads, i had a black line down the right hand side of the screen so i just adjusted the screen position to >24 and its fine now. I also have a criss cross effect on zelda only on certain sections and it doesnt deter from the gameplay.

Comment

I believe my RGB picture is shifted >32 on the menu to centre it.

The lines in Zelda is a known prpblem and has been admited by Nintendo to occur "from time to time"...

Comment

Can you give me a link to that thread?

Comment

It deters from my game play! ft:

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem
                        has been admited by Nintendo to occur "from time to time"...

Good old Nintendo, always managing to raise a smile with their Comical Ali style of dealing with things

There are no lines..... etc etc

Comment

"There was a topic a little while ago where three or four people on this board had the faint lines thing in Zelda ( myself included )."

Can you give me a link to that thread?

Comment

Have you tried turning 100HZ off and running @ 50 (well 60 u know what i mean)

My dc did this on my folks sony wega until i turned 100hz off.

Unless peeps get this on normal 50hz tv, i know i dont on my 28 panny wide !

Comment

There's the thread. There's nothing you can do to fix it, but I recognized it on Super Monkey Ball the first day I got my Cube, then again on Eternal Darkness (this has an in game gamma control, so you can easily see it).

Comment

Working...
                              X