Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the best free eBay sniping program?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the best free eBay sniping program?

Hi there!

Can anyone tell me what's the best free eBay sniping program?

I'm so sick of people sniping the stuff that I wanna win and I wanna get my own back at them but I'm not sure which is the best free program is...

Thanks to all replies in advance!

I don't even know what you are talking about but am very interested to find out. Sounds like a program that puts in bids for you at the last second? Please someone tell us more!!

Comment

I used to use a sniping service but it wasn't reliable and kept forgetting to place my bids so now i just place my bid when the auction has 30 seconds to go. At the end of the day if someone is willing to pay more than you within that 30 seconds they will do and there is nothing you can do but bid higher that you wanted to.

Comment

I know but my problem was the auction ended on the US eBay site at 3.30am our time and I just could not get out of bed at that time even with my alarm clock on 5 mins before...

Comment

The trick is to bid the maximum you want to pay, if someone wants to pay more for it then you then you'll never going to beat them regardless. If you want to pay ?10 for object X then bid ?10 when you can, you never know if the person who has won is bidding ?10.51 or ?151. People who moan about snipping are generally cheap bastards that don't want to pay money for stuff then moan when someone wants to pay more (shock horror) for an item they want...

I normally win the auctions I want, and if I lose them then so what? Another one will probably appear (never seen an item that hasn't...).

Comment

I have to agree with MD - I let eBay do my proxy bidding for me, if someone wants the item more than me, then let them have it - I didn't want to pay that much for it anyway.

It also means I don't have to hassle around in the last 30 seconds, and just check the auction end at a more convenient time.

Regards
            Marty

Comment

Sniping can also lead to knee-jerk bids that are higher than you actually wanted to pay. Good advice there from MD and Marty.

Comment

I should also mention that if you lose one auction then hang around the seller may have more and you normally find you get the item cheaper then what it went for several weeks ago. Patience is a virtue and I have lots of virtue.

I remember getting a Japanese Megadrive game for $5 when not two months previous ago it went for $55....

Comment

Well I'd go for auction sniper.
                  It aint free but the fees are so low that it practically is. Your first few snipes are free and the system is very good and reliable.
                  Set it to bid with 5 or 6 seconds left and you're a winner!
                  I've used it lots and never had any problems.

Auction Sniper is a free ebay sniper that automates the process of placing your bid at the auction closing. Place eBay auction bidding snipe automatically.

Comment

I have a free auctionsniper.com account and it's always been pretty reliable for me. You're limited to a small amount of free 'snipes' per month, but I only use it occasionally anyway.

#edit#

oops, I meant Auctionstealer account (free):

Comment

I snipe... but I still bid the maximum I want to pay for an item at the time. That way, I generally pay less OVERALL for an item because it gives people no time to come back and raise my bid.

Viz a viz if I put my bid in say an hour before the item ends, it gives people a chance to respond, raise my bid up and make me pay more. Sure if they bid more than my highest value, so be it. But by giving them the chance to do so, you could end up paying more money even if you win than if you went in with 10 seconds to go. That's the risk.

So the conclusion is: bid your maximum, but bid as late as possible...
                      Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem
                        I snipe... but I still bid the maximum I want to pay for an item at the time. That way, I generally pay less OVERALL for an item because it gives people no time to come back and raise my bid.
                        That only works if you presume people don't use the proxy bidding system and put their maximum in beforehand.

Some people don't, but they're the ones acting irrationally and daftly.

Tim (tm)

Comment

Exactly, if I've bid my maximum earlier and it is the same or greater than yours, I win. If you maximum is higher, well then I didn't want to pay that much anyway.

Sniping really doesn't make that much sense because of this, that being said, rarely do I place a bid on something that still has days to run. Sniping only gets you stuff cheaper if people don't use proxy bidding effectively.

Regards
                          Marty

Comment

Working...
                          X