What is Final burn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is Final burn

I feel really stuypid asking this cause I know all about all the other various emulators for xbox but I still don't know what final burn is Is it a collection of games rather than an emulation of 1 particular console?

cheers

Get it mate.

It's actuallt better than MAME I reckon.

Comment

Final Burn is an emulator for the PC.

Final Burn Alpha is an emulator for the PC based on FinalBurn that emulates all the CAPCOM cps arcade games (like Streetfighter 2/zero, final fight, un squadron etc). It also emulates many CAVE shmups (DoDonpachi, ESP ra de).

FinalBurn Alpha X is the xbox version of FinalBurn Alpha. It plays all the same games. It's only an emulator though, not a collection of games or anything like that. Once you have FinalBurn Alpha X, you need to get hold of the ROMS for it seperately.

This website is for sale! lantus-x.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, lantus-x.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Comment

Thank you very much Ono (how did I know you would reply ) and Vaipon, now to try and find someone who already has the roms on dvd.

Comment

What games do anyone recommend?

Comment

Battle Garegga - you need nothing else.

(the Saturn version's great too if you decide you want to spend money)

Comment

My fave game on Final Burn Alpha is ESP ra de. This never got a console release either, so it's really nice to be able to finally play it at home. It's a vertical shmup where you control a psychic able to levitate. Really good game.

Comment

right. time for a real duhhh question: I have stuff like esp ra de, donpachi and dodonpachi running on an MAME emulator on my pc (which I'm trying to put onto my xbox but don't have a clue but that's a whole different matter altogether). What's the difference therefore between MAME and Final Burn Alpha? And do I need new FBA roms or will the roms i use for MAME also work on FBA?

Cheers

Comment

What is Final burn
                  Try here, your first port of call for everything.

Comment

Working...
                  X