Saturn NTSC/J games on PAL unit ? How?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saturn NTSC/J games on PAL unit ? How?

Like many here I?m into shmups atm and have scanned the market for my fixes. I?ve understood that the Saturn is a well-equipped shmups platform and lucky me I have a PAL unit in the basement.

But what do I have to get to boot NTSC/J shooters on my PAL unit?

Plan B is to get a white JPN unit.

Cheers,

Henning

There's pretty simple wire mods you can do to get a pal saturn to change regions and video output at the flick of a few switches...

I believe gamesx.com have some diagrams but I personally do it a different way and can't do it for anyone in the UK since shipping to Ireland and back is pricey.

You should email the bloke at www.londonconsole.com

Comment

They can be chipped or you can buy an Action Replay adaptor that plugs in to the RAM expansion slot. They work pretty well although boot games in 50hz. You can get 4 in 1 carts that also work as RAM expansion, cheat cartridge, import adaptor etc. Should cost about ?20.

Comment

A chip isnt involved though... I don't want to nitpick but all the Saturn modchip is good for is playing backups.

Comment

Thanks guys!

I'm getting the Satellite 4in1Card for my Saturn and if the 50hz hurt my eyes too much (will probably do) I most likely buy the white one.

Cheers,

Henning

Comment

You should prob buy a Japanese machine at some point... modding's great for a work horse machine but NTSC-J Saturns are so much nicer to look at than the black ones.

Don't forget to check out the victor and hisaturns as well as those skeleton ones before you make your final decision though.

Comment

Originally posted by Valken
              Don't forget to check out the victor and hisaturns as well as those skeleton ones before you make your final decision though.
              I will, thanks for the tip

Comment

Working...
              X