No announcement yet.

Import duty via a letter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes, you will avoid any import tax on them .

Comment

Originally posted by Trok REAPER
      I have just pre-ordered a couple of US games from DVDBO. I have taken the standard shipping option (ie free airmail I think). I am in no huge rush for these games as I will be out of the country when they are released so will not mind if they take 10 days to be delivered.

If I use the above method will I avoid Import duty/charges?. If not, what is the best company to use to avoid charges.
      I have never heard of anyone getting hit for charges when using DVDBO's standard mail.

They used to reship everything from within Europe (mine were all postmarked from Malm? in southern Sweden). However the last package from them (Advance Wars 2) was actually sent via Canada's normail mail to me (no reshipping) with a marked-down price.

Comment

Ok,

Thanks for the advice guy's. I will leave the order as it stands with DVDBO.

Cheers
        TR

Comment

Sorry for bumping this up. But I have to pay this, and actually have no idea how - all ive got is a bank giro slip.

Can I pay this into their account (midland bank) through any bank? In N.Ireland we dont have that chain of banks.

Will the Post office accept the payment to them or something?

Anyone know? Maybe I can pay over the phone or something?

Comment

Originally posted by ThoseOfTheUnlight
            Sorry for bumping this up. But I have to pay this, and actually have no idea how - all ive got is a bank giro slip.

Can I pay this into their account (midland bank) through any bank? In N.Ireland we dont have that chain of banks.

Will the Post office accept the payment to them or something?

Anyone know? Maybe I can pay over the phone or something?
            I just used internet banking to pay it.

Comment

I thought the Midland Bank didn't exist anymore, having been assimialted by and rebranded to HSBC.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitcher

Just signed up for online banking today...

On the giro slip it gives 2 account numbers, one under the customer number - 135917453 which wont fit into the box when you go to send the payment, and one down near the bottom of the page, beside the sort code - 41260618.

It also wont let me fill in the Organizations full name of DHL International (UK) LTD, only DHL International.

Any suggestions of what I should do?

Comment

Originally posted by Hitcher

Just signed up for online banking today...

On the giro slip it gives 2 account numbers, one under the customer number - 135917453 which wont fit into the box when you go to send the payment, and one down near the bottom of the page, beside the sort code - 41260618.

It also wont let me fill in the Organizations full name of DHL International (UK) LTD, only DHL International.

Any suggestions of what I should do?
                  Give DHL Customer services a call and ask them, that's what they're there for.

Comment

got stung big time ?120 cash on the door for my panasonic Q from lik sang still well ****ed off about that and that was at christmas ft: ft:

Comment

Working...
                    X