US game on chipped Pal Xbox question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

US game on chipped Pal Xbox question

KotOR came today and it's got downloadable Live content. I was wondering if there's a way to use Config Magic to change the region of my XBox and then turn the chip off to play KotOR.

Originally posted by Dazzla
    KotOR came today and it's got downloadable Live content. I was wondering if there's a way to use Config Magic to change the region of my XBox and then turn the chip off to play KotOR.
    Yes you can, it's as you say.

Change the setting, then switch the modchip off - the setting applies until you change it again using configMagic.

Comment

Originally posted by Saurian
      Originally posted by Dazzla
      Yes you can, it's as you say.

Change the setting, then switch the modchip off - the setting applies until you change it again using configMagic.
      Cool, what do I change in Config Magic?

My video and region in Config Magic is "Pal, Region 4". How do I change it? I see on the fly EEPROM edit I can change what it says, is this how I'd go about it?

Comment

Thats cool

Leave everything apart from the region number - Region 1 is USA, Region 2 is Japan.

If you want to change the videomode use the Enigmah select afterwards.

Comment

Thats cool

Leave everything apart from the region number - Region 1 is USA, Region 2 is Japan.

If you want to change the videomode use the Enigmah select afterwards.
          Wow, it worked I changed it to Region 1, used enigmah to change to NTSC and turned the chip off, worked beautifully

One more question, is my Xbox Live number (I saw it in config magic) tied to the PAL region? So will I be able to access the Live content in KotOR?

Comment

I dont think the Live code is dependent on videomode, I'm not that clued up on Xbox Live tbh.

*dont try anything unless you are sure*

Comment

I dont think the Live code is dependent on videomode, I'm not that clued up on Xbox Live tbh.

*dont try anything unless you are sure*
              Ok, I'll leave it at that, thanks for all the help

Props to Tronix as well. I missed the first shipment, ordered Thursday night, 10 day Global shipping and I got it this morning no customs charge either

Comment

I've been afraid to go near config magic final since i seen that warning when you start it up.If i go into it i don't have to change anything do i?What could (As the warning message says) could you do to make your xbox useless?

Comment

Working...
                X