Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kenshin Dragon Quest: Yomigaerishi Densetsu no Ken info?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kenshin Dragon Quest: Yomigaerishi Densetsu no Ken info?

Ever since seeing the below article over at the magicbox I've been interested in the game

Is there anywhere that has some more infromation on the game possibly with more shots or a movie?

Originally posted by MagicBox's Article
    - Square Enix announced a new sword action TV game called Kenshin Dragon Quest: Yomigaerishi Densetsu no Ken. The game is stored in the "Crest Unit", which connects directly to TV. A sword controller is attached to the system, which is used to attack the enemies on screen. The gameplay is similar to Namco's arcade sword slashing action game Mazen. Square Enix is planning to ship 1 million units in Japan, the game will be released in Japan on September 19, for 6980 yen.

I'm positive about this particular purchase also. The anticipation gerbil is out again.

SE has this to offer: Kenshin DQ Square Enix subsite

Alas, no movie yet.

Comment

Thanks for the link, i coudln't understand any of the text though

Do you think there is much chance of a US or European release of this? I assume it'll stay japan-only, but square-enix did say there were to focus or other regions more

Comment

Dragon Quest is probably the most popular RPG series in Japan. Since Square Enix plans to release 1 million units of the lovely Kenshin DQ there, I guess they will look further than just Nihon only. But why take chances... order your JP copy if you want to be one swordswinging feather.

Interesting that the sword is wireless and > more info:

Originally posted by ncsx shop detail
        Kenshin DQ includes a toy sword which serves as a wireless controller, a game unit shaped in the form of a shield or breastplate of sorts, a memory card and a composite video cable. In the game, players travel the land of Dragon Quest and battle lovable DQ monsters by swinging a sword. Smite a furry beast on the money and it'll take massive damage. Miss and swing at air, and you'll face fangs or worse upon your hapless person.

Comment

oh so that cartridge thing was a memory card!

I would order form japan, but i'm sure the game will have some sort of story (seeing as it's spawned from an RPG series), and the story will be in japanese...

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Feather
            oh so that cartridge thing was a memory card!
            I believe the "Crest Unit" shown in the pic you posted is the game unit (which will register your sword moves, I suppose). What I take from ncsx's statement, the memory card has to be an extra gadget.

As for the story, well, the game looks like a lightgun shooter that you play by waving a sword controller in front of your TV (instead of pulling a trigger) - and I can't recall this genre ever offering much of story depth before. So me reckons the JP version will be fully playable without japanese language skills.

Comment

It me a removable memory card seems pointless if it supports only one game

Do you think maybe the crest unit is the detection system and cartirdge contains game data and save space?

That would allow sequels/updates or what not to be created

Comment

Hard to say without seeing all the single components layed out next to each other.

Yes, why a removable memory card? Hm. We need more info.

One thing I'm sure is that there will be no exchangable cartridge system, for it seems Kenshin DQ gets marketed as a TV game not a console.

Comment

Working...
                X