Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[CUBE] Logitech Speed Force FF wheel - support?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[CUBE] Logitech Speed Force FF wheel - support?

The Cube version of our favourite wheel is now on pre-order at Yesasia at a decent price too.

Anyone know which games support the FF?

Probably Audto Modellista US Tuned.

Be aware that this wheel has been available in the uk at HMV for months. I can't remember the price exactly, but it'll be somewhere in the ?40 - ?60 range.

Might be cheaper than suffering shipping fees, and there might be an external psu you'd need a stepdown for.

Comment

Erm if this is the same as the PS2 one, does it have a kind of usb adapter?

Comment

Its not the same as the PS2 one. It'll use the standard GameCube controller connector.

?46.99 from gameplay:

which would almost certainly be cheaper than importing.

damn your eyes for reminding me about this, I should have teh Zero by the weekend, and my will is weak...

Comment

Don't go here then:

or here:

Cos you might find out that:

Logitech? Force Feedback Wheel for GameCube:

Downtown Run (Ubi Soft)
          Hot Wheels? Velocity X (THQ Inc/Beyond Games)
          Need For Speed? Hot Pursuit 2 (Electronic Arts Inc.)
          Paris-Dakar Rally 2 (Acclaim)
          Pro Rally 2002 (Ubi Soft Entertainment)
          Rally Championship? (SCi Games/Warthog)
          Speed Challenge (Ubi Soft)

But yeah, F-zero on FF might be to novel to miss.

Comment

actually, that supported titles list makes the logitech wheel easier to avoid

* edit * gah, the picture of the laughing ape in that first link certainly does

Comment

Ah right.

I didn't realise it was already out for the Cube over here.

I don't think I'll bother anyway. The Cube has no exceptional driving games that I don't already have on PS2 or XB.

Any news on an XB version?

Comment

I'm thinking there must be a USB adaptor, and trying it that way.

So get the USB PS2 wheel, and a bevey of adaptors, and yer off.

Comment

Hmm cheeky, they charge an extra ?20 for the pedals. I bet you could only get them from the logitech site too. Maybe the PS2 GT Force pedals would work with the GCN Force wheel...

Comment

Originally posted by JibberX
                    I'm thinking there must be a USB adaptor, and trying it that way.
                    I'm fairly sure there isn't... but it'd be nice to be wrong, what with Initial D crying out for a wheel too

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ono
                      Any news on an XB version?
                      The Xbox controller ports are just USB with extra power pins and a funny connector. It would be pretty easy to hook up a PS2 GT Force wheel to an Xbox.

The only problem would the compatibility. Like the PS2, games would have to explicitly add support for the wheel.

Comment

I think if any console is crying out for a decent FF wheel it's the XB.

Probably M$ waiting for their own Sidewinder range to be released.

Comment

Burnout 2 also supports the FF wheel, didn't see it mentioned

Comment

Working...
                          X