Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Differnces between a modded US Cube & Jap one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Differnces between a modded US Cube & Jap one?

After hearing the news about the compatabilty issues with F-Zero & the Freeloader I've decided to ditch my PAL Cube & buy a modded import one. I noticed that Another World are selling modded Jap cubes for about ?100 quid and unmodded platinum US Cubes for ?130.

What I want to know is is one better than the other for example I know the Jap GC requires a specially modded RGB cable to display an RGB signal, is this the case with the US one as well also I remember Saur saying something a while back about the signal on his platinum cube being messed up a while back, is this common?.

my US plat cube works totally fine with one of saurs cables if thats any help.......

Comment

No difference, infact the have the same mainboard. The switch just selects the right region.

Infact when in Jap all text in menu's is jap and its all eng in Us mode.

Plat cubes will always be dearer as they are a custom colour.

?100 is cheap for a Modded cube if its new, just down to colour

Comment

so ?65 for a brand new modded spice gamecube is a bargain then.

Comment

Originally posted by Nisa
          I remember Saur saying something a while back about the signal on his platinum cube being messed up a while back, is this common?.
          Might be something to do with the actual method of modding - IIRC you have a Gamecube with that problem, don't you Shimmyhill?

Comment

There was a problem with a Gamecube I had ages ago - it was a motherboard fault. Nothing to do with the mods or anything, just a bit of bad luck.

USA and JPN Cubes are the same machine.

Comment

Working...
            X