Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which NTSC system is best for shmup & fighters fans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which NTSC system is best for shmup & fighters fans?

Ive got a GCN, but I'm thinking of buying another system. And this time I aint getting a PAL system. No sir!! ft:

So which system (Japanese?) would you recommend that I import if Im wanting a great selection of shmups and fighters.?

I have Ikaruga for the GCN already, but if I bought a DC I'd get it again Then there's Border Down in September

Gradius V and R-Type FDinal on the PS2 ..hard to pass up.

Or maybe I save some money and pick up a PAL XBOX. Most have a 60HZ mode. DOA3 and Panzer Dragoon...

HELP PLEASE????

*When recommending a system I'd also appreciate any other advice ..like where to buy it, what model NBR and whether I should get a modded machine or not.

Get a modded PAL PS2 for the latest shoot em ups.

It's not too expensive anymore and you can run games like Psyvariar, R Type Final and Dodonpachi Dai Ou Jou, Guilty Gear XX and VF4e perfectly.

Another option is an Xbox - get yourself a decent controller, mod the machine and play emulators. If you love off the back in the day vibe - you can run stuff like KOF 94 to KOF 96 fine, the whole Capcom CPS range work perfectly too (Like Zero 2, Darkstalkers etc)

Comment

Please stick to standard fonts and colours in future, there is no need for that..

Comment

I think I'm about to see me marmite toast again....

Get a PS2. And please, not so many colours in the same place at the same time.

Comment

Ugh. Pure, unadulterated typography. And it's only 10:30.

Anyway, I think your only choice can be PS2, really. I love Panzer Dragoon Orta into itty bitty tiny pieces, but it's not worth getting an Xbox for, as far as I'm concerned. Plus, general consensus seems to be that VF4Evo is the best fighting game ever. And there's Guilty Gear X2 if you like 2D...

- Corrupt

Comment

Plus, DoA3 is only for 3D fighting amatures like myself... who can't get a grip on long move lists. This is essentially why I prefer 2D to 3D.

- Corrupt

Comment

The Sega Saturn!

Comment

Originally posted by Valken
                The Sega Saturn!
                There's always one.

But I take your point.

If you're going in this direction though, get an Xbox, ad it can run the majority of the 2D arcade fighters (Vampire Savior, etc) perfectly. Provided you own the originals.

Natch.

- Corrupt

Comment

Sorry guys. It's 8pm down here and I just had curry. I've removed the colour from your day...

Comment

Originally posted by craptest
                    Sorry guys. It's 8pm down here and I just had curry. I've removed the colour from your day...
                    Now get over here and remove the vomit from my keyboard.

- Corrupt

Comment

Originally posted by Corrupt Rose
                      Originally posted by Valken
                      The Sega Saturn!
                      There's always one.

But I take your point.

If you're going in this direction though, get an Xbox, ad it can run the majority of the 2D arcade fighters (Vampire Savior, etc) perfectly. Provided you own the originals.

Natch.

- Corrupt
                      Bleh, I'm so bored of hearing about emulation on the XBox... I must be one of the few people who are all MAMEd out from the PC and find the Xbox scene unexciting.

My modchip has been off for 3 months now for Live and it'll only be going on again for KOTOR.

Also... I'd be shocked if there was only "one" who recommends the Saturn for shooters and 2d fighters.

Comment

Well I agree, the Sega Saturn is the best one to go for.

Comment

Originally posted by Toast
                          Well I agree, the Sega Saturn is the best one to go for.
                          But not one of the 3 consoles he specified.

Bleh, I'm so bored of hearing about emulation on the XBox... I must be one of the few people who are all MAMEd out from the PC and find the Xbox scene unexciting.

My modchip has been off for 3 months now for Live and it'll only be going on again for KOTOR.
                          Just because you've made yourself sick of it doesn't detract one jot from the experience. Except for you, but you don't count, because you had the original problem anyway.

Natch.

- Corrupt

Comment

Also... I'd be shocked if there was only "one" who recommends the Saturn for shooters and 2d fighters.
                            Having all Capcom CPS1 ans 2 fighters, Cave shoot em ups wicked scrolling beat em ups all in one place via Final Burn is superb. Totally negates the need for most other consoles, there is no point in getting the Saturn out when you have Final Burn running.

I dont rate the Xbox at all as a console, if it's emulation you're after then fine - but to play the latest shoot em ups the PS2 has the best range.

Comment

go for the ps2 japan or modded, it has plenty of titles you'll like.

Comment

Working...
                              X