X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tbh i dont know as i haven't tried that

dont see why it couldn't work

Comment

The 512mb memory card works just as well transferring stuff across (including saves) but is a little more time consuming.
      The normal 64MB one will also do the job, albeit more slowly. I used one to shift all my saves from one machine to another. I can only think of the Football Manager games that have a save file bigger than 64MB.

Some saves can't be moved at all though. DOA4 and Forza 2 are a couple that come to mind. Is the Elite transfer cable/disc going to get around this somehow?

Comment

i moved my forza save yesterday and it works fine...

odd

Comment

Apparently theres going to be a way to save all your info online first and then download to your new Hdd, this is a ONCE only transfer so if it mucks up for any reason youll lose everything.

This was explained to me by the dummy at my local Game so not too sure how true this will turn out unfortunatly!

Comment

I don't think you can use a USB device can you, aren't the read-only on a 360

Comment

Agree, sure you can't use a USB stick to transfer saves etc.

Comment

Originally posted by bash View Post
                Apparently theres going to be a way to save all your info online first and then download to your new Hdd, this is a ONCE only transfer so if it mucks up for any reason youll lose everything.

This was explained to me by the dummy at my local Game so not too sure how true this will turn out unfortunatly!
                Hopefully together with a once only verification. I feel lucky that my 360 seems to be running fine. Not being online all the time, I'm dreading if it fails having to be logged into Live to access content I shouldn't have to be online to play or use.

Comment

Microsoft will refund MS points to an alternative live/silver account if you provide proof of the machine exchange. They did this for me when I replaced my console at the end of June. Not sure they would do it if you bought an elite as a second console. Give them a ring and see what they say. Seem to be able to get through much quicker this week.

Comment

Ok guys, if you are buying your Elite from Gamestation I can tell you the process if you are trading in your Premium 360 towards it with regards to data transfer. First of all the Elite does not come with the transfer cable, although stores are recieving a small amount to give to customers purchasing the Elite on a first come first serve basis. If you don't manage to get one froma store then you have to contact Microsoft via the phone or internet to claim your free transfer cable.
                    Now onto the trading your Premium 360 business. The trade price for the Premium 360 is £160, what Gamestation will do is deduct £32 from that £160, making the trade price £128, so you can take your 20GB HD home to do the transfer. You will be then supplied with a credit slip (or something along those lines) so after you have done your transfer you can bring the 20GB HD back and redeem your £32 that was deducted from the original £160 trade price of the Premium 360. Before questions rain in, I believe the £32 credit slip for the 20GB HD is valid for 30 days but I will double check that when I go into work next. Hope this helps

Comment

Working...
                    X