Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I connect several devices to 1 RGB slot on my tv?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can I connect several devices to 1 RGB slot on my tv?

I have a Sony 36 inch widescreen tv. Unfortunately, it only has 1 RGB slot. I can only connect one device (dvd player/xbox) to the slot each time I want to use it. I am getting a dvd recorder soon and this will be even more of a problem with more swapping and changing leads each time I want to use a different device. Is there a device that can connect several devices to one RGB slot with little or no loss in quality?

With this:

which is available from Argos...

You'll need another scart to scart cable to connect it to the TV, but go for the gold platedness like these...

from this page

and you can't go wrong 8)
    Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Argos do a SCART spiltter for around a tenner which works well.

Edit: what he ^ said!

Comment

get this, i have it linked to my sony tv to connect up my dc, ps2 and gc . it works well with no loss of picture quality , its cheap too at ?9.75

http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10001&langId=-1&catalogId=651&productId=38573&Trail=C$catgroup_i d_parent=4300>C$catgroup_id_parent=4319>C$ca tgroup_id_parent=4320&categoryId=4320

Comment

I already have a gold plated scart which I use for my dvd player. Shall I buy another one to link argos splitter to tv or shall I link argos splitter to tv using gold scart and connect dvd player to switcher using a regular cable?

Comment

Originally posted by kkhimji2001
            I already have a gold plated scart which I use for my dvd player. Shall I buy another one to link argos splitter to tv or shall I link argos splitter to tv using gold scart and connect dvd player to switcher using a regular cable?
            Thats up to you - if you want superior quality from your DVD player you need superior cables.

Comment

But surely if you're using the gold-plated scart lead, you will lose the quality as soon as the signal goes through your splitter, as that Argos one isn't gold-plated.

Comment

I have a gold cable connecting the splitter to my TV - another gold one connects my DVD player to the splitter.

Comment

i use this

http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10001&langId=-1&catalogId=651&productId=46028&Trail=C$catgroup_i d_parent=4300%3EC$catgroup_id_parent=4319%3EC$catg roup_id_parent=4320&categoryId=4320

Comment

I am setup like Saurian, works a treat.

@beecee - I had that at first and got terrible interference on my GC RGB cable (Saurian brand) with it, hence I switched to the other one. Problem fixed
                    Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

There's another 3 into 1 unit for a tenner from index, which has a metal construction case, instead of Argos' plastic, but I can't speak for the internals. (Same as this one but cheaper http://www.avukltd.co.uk/catalog/pro...art_switch_box)

I used to have the old plastic construction Argos box (not the one pictured by Mayhem), and the connectors wore after a while because of the cheap construction, the scart connectors in the index box are screwed to the metal case, so there's limited strain on the socket when plugging in and disconnecting leads.

Please note the following :

IMHO...
                      >All these units will suffer from a signal loss

>They only gold plate the terminals of the scart leads, which gives a better connection at termination, but for minimal signal loss the internals have to be good too.

Get a good quality lead from Monster, QED, Accoustic Research IXOS, CineMax, etc., (I've use both IXOS and Cinemax and IXOS just edges it)
                      (if you can get a gold plated lead for the same price as a normal lead, then corners must have been cut internally to pay for the gold!).

> Minimal distance means minimal loss, don't buy a longer cable than you need, (resistance is not futile it's cumulative ).

I don't know how good they are, but you can also get powered 4-to-1 switch boxes from Innovations or Richer Sounds, which will eliminate the signal loss, but they may just amplify the noise as well as the normal signal , and I'd prefer to spend 40 quid on another game anyway!

Or you could try this monster

Comment

I can also say the Argos splitter is superb, however the index one is the better option as it has a steel outer casing(both offer the same quality signal)
                        I can also state without hesitation that both give absolutely Zero degradation in the quality of image they output on your tv.
                        I use the Index 3 in 1 splitter and it's connected via a IXOS scart cable, connected to it are Sky Digital(via IXOS scart cable) Jap DC (official pal RGB cable) Xbox (advanced Scart)
                        My tv is 36 inches of lovelyness(toshiba) and the RGB image via the splitter is as good as any of the above devices connected directly to it.If even slight degradation was notisable i wouldn't use it 8)
                        It's the best tenner you'll ever spend, they can also be daisychained

Comment

Just to echo all the comments so far, I have a couple of these daisy-chained up and they do the job

Comment

Working...
                          X