PSX problems on Modded Ps2 (Messiah 2)-SORTED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Saurian
    A decent modder would have sorted your PAL machine perfectly - I suggest you take the machine back to them and demand a proper mod cos what you have aint it.
    I'm gonna try getting them to replace or remove the chip at the weekend, that way I either end up witrh a decent chip, or can get it done properly elsewhere.

Of course if they refuse I'm a bit stuffed, because of the quasi-legal nature of chipping ft:, (so I guess if that happens I'll just have to bad mouth 'em ).

Eddie G.

Comment

where'd you get it done, so i can avoid them ?

Comment

I they don't sort it out to my satisfaction I'll let you know, but I'm not going to name and shame unless the final verdict is guilty!

It looks pretty conclusive, but I'll give them their last chance at the end of the week.

Eddie G.

Comment

Originally posted by wod
          where'd you get it done, so i can avoid them ?
          We'll I asked if they would remove the duff chip they gave me, and they refused out right on the ground that the chip is doing it's job, it's doing what it's supposed to do, and booting all the games. Can you believe it, they don't give a **** if the games run correctly, as long as they load.

so Stuff Em, time to be less pleasant...

ARCADIA on North Street and Wortley Road Leeds are using ****e clone Messiah2 chips that **** up the screen resolution of PSX import games.

They don't give a toss if it works, they just want your money

Do not trust these people with your machine

Thanks to everyone who gave their advice on this subject.
          I've E-Mailed Will2003 at www.londonconsole.com about getting a properly chipped machine, he seems to be well thought of by everyone on here.

cheers

Eddie G.

Comment

i visit leeds often but never heard of them.

Comment

Yeah, the out of town store is better known for the computer stuff, the one in town is opposite the grand theatre and deals with DVD's mainly, (import and R2), I guess they started chipping DVD players and tried moving up from there... should have stuck with what they knew!

Comment

I've just got a new machine from Will, and as everyone suggested it runs everything without problems, it even runs Psyvariar, which the old machine wouldn't read

...Just have to work out what to do with the old crip PS2 and my PS One now

Eddie G.

Comment

Glad to see you got it sorted. 8)

Comment

Jeez, I hope mine turns out alright, I'm having a Messiah 2 placed in mine this weekend. Still if unofficial ones only affects the PS1 games thats okay as I have a multi-region PS1 too.

Comment

Thanks Eddie, you've saved me a lot of hassle.

I was browsing through your post as I am considering getting my PS2 chipped. I rang Arcadia a couple of weeks ago about getting it done. It seemed a bit expensive but was more convenient than sending it to Will to sort out.

I'll be using Will to do my mod now....

How many Leeds NTSC'ers are there here?

Comment

Working...
                      X