PS3 HDMI cable suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS3 HDMI cable suggestions?

I've just done a quick search, but couldn't find any suggestions for HDMI cables for the PS3.

Have people been buying the cheapest ones, first ones they saw or specifically sought out gold-plated super duper ones?!

Thanks for any help, team!

No point going overboard on a HDMI cable - they're digital, so image quality is the same on all. Just get the cheapest one in Asda or something.

Comment

I just got the official Sony one for about ?17. Probably could have got one cheaper, but all the ones I saw online (I needed it fairly quickly) looked REALLY cheap

Comment

I went with the cheapest one i could get - as i really wasnt too sure if it would work correctly after my 360 component woes..( Far to bright - washed out white's and 9.99 to boot - useless....). Picked up a HDMI cable from PlayAsia.com - 3.50 - and its abso crackin... Bargain of the year for me...

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-...n-70-1z5w.html..

Comment

I have a £50 cambridge audio HDMI lead (given to me by Richer Sounds) and a £5 from play.com or similar. There is zero difference between them in terms of picture quality.

Comment

Originally posted by FullSpecWarrior View Post
            I have a ?50 cambridge audio HDMI lead (given to me by Richer Sounds) and a ?5 from play.com or similar. There is zero difference between them in terms of picture quality.
            Ha ha ha, that's priceless!

That's kind of why I asked. Sometimes there's a noticable difference in the quality of cheap and expensive products and other times only real professionals can spot it.

Oh yeah and sometimes people who've payed top whack claim they can to stop appearing a bit silly, but end up looking the opposite...

Anyways, thanks for your feedback, guys. Cheapo cable ahoy!

Comment

If you have a very swanky TV that supports HDMI 1.3 then you may need to find a better cable, as some cables (despite all being wired up the same) don't work properly with HDMI 1.3 units.
              The PS3 is HDMI 1.3 but there aren't many TVs that have it, so you are most likely ok.

Comment

The physical cables are the same. Some claim HDMI 1.3 compatibility, 1080p compatibility or whatever, but they're usually just using some additional shielding or whatever and using these statements to sell this.

Comment

I got me the official SCEI 1M cable, when I got my unit. It seems better made than the UK version, and actually is branded with SONY.
                  Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Unfortunately, the HDMI 1.3 spec more than doubled the maximum bitrate of what HDMI can deliver. Poor quality cables struggle with this and the problems are quite well documented.

Unless you are having problems though, there is little point to forking out extra cash for a better quality cable though.

Comment

Working...
                    X