GameCube importing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GameCube importing

I live in the UK, so as you may know, we have to wait ages for stuff to be translated into European languages before we can get hold of any game. However, I know it is quite easy to import for the GameCube as all you need is Freeloader. But do you need an american memory card to be able save?
    Also, has anyone ordered from www.importmadness.co.uk ? It seems like a pretty good site, but the prices are incredibly low e.g. Soul Calibur 2 + free t-shirt = ?29.99 ($48) + about ?4 for p&p
    Just wondered if it is reliable or not.
    And wondered whether importing is really worth it?

Any feedback would be appreciated

Thanks

Welcome to the Forums Ginjarou

Moved into QA, it'll get more attention in here, since it was a question, not import gaming news

And about Freeloader, you only need a single memory card for all regions.

Not tried import madness, but I hear they are alright

Comment

Originally posted by Ginjarou
      You'll find that everyone here most certainly believes so

And a big welcome from me too

Comment

oooh, missed this part mate

That's a great big YES! Importers get games earlier, they run full speed, full screen, the list goes on...

Plus there's lots of games you can only get on import, so you better jump right in

Comment

Originally posted by Electric_Boogaloo
          Plus there's lots of games you can only get on import, so you better jump right in
          I think this is probably the most important thing about importing (for me anyway). Before I got my PS2 chipped it was never played and I would have rated it as the weakest console of this current generation. However now it is my most played. There are so many great Japanese only titles released for the PS2 (and GC) that importing really does open up a whole new world of gaming to you.

Welcome to the forum.

Comment

And about Freeloader, you only need a single memory card for all regions.
            You can put Western (American and European, as well as Australian for that matter) saves on one card but Japanese ones will need another.

And yes, importing is worth it. You will never look back.

Comment

http://www.importmadness.co.uk are great.

I've ordered several items from them. They are a little more expensive that DVDBO and charge shipping, but they really get the item to you fast and in very good condition.

The people I've spoken to who worked there are very helpful.

Previous Experience:

I ordered Pokemon Sapphire from them a few days before release, I ordered quick shipping expecting it 3-4 days after release. A week goes by so I went to E-Mail them. I clicked on Send-and-receive in my Pop3 account and I had got an E-Mail from them. It was an apology saying that the post office had messed up thier shipments of Pokemon and all games ordered around the time of Pokemon's release. They said they had re-imbursed all shipping charges to all affected items, including my orders. The game arrived the next day.

Really decent site!

Comment

Welcome

If I were you I'd go for an import machine rather then a freeloader as the product is already starting to show its flaws with the release of F-zero GX. You can usually get them dirt cheap in the trading forum(?60-80) so have a look in there.

Comment

You can get a brand new modded Jap/USA console for ?102 from Lik-Sang withough Shipping charges!

I'm not sure if that is a Japanese console modded for USA games or the other way around... If it is the first then you'll need to buy a modded RGB lead as well for true RGB color.

I'd definitely suggest that you do not rely on Freeloader, and go for the modded console... It costs very little, and is in many cases cheaper than an PAL console on the high street!

Comment

Originally posted by a_c_saunders
                    Welcome

If I were you I'd go for an import machine rather then a freeloader as the product is already starting to show its flaws with the release of F-zero GX. You can usually get them dirt cheap in the trading forum(?60-80) so have a look in there.
                    Heh im selling my USA console in the trading forum for ?75 delivered

Comment

This is why boot discs suck:

Get a console or a decent mod chip (were one available), it saves so much hassle!

Comment

No problems here from importmadness, will definitely use them again.

Freeloader sucks!!

Comment

Freeloader has proved useful for me when I want to play an occasional PAL game. It's not the disc's fault, although possibly there could be some way to force a language implemented. Of course, the real mod will always be better.

Comment

Working...
                          X