• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eric Nylund Halo Books Advice.

I just had a look around Amazon and found:

Halo: The Fall of Reach
    Halo: The Flood

Are there any more? Which is best? Are they reccomended? I know some of you have read them... Worth a fiver?

I know JRM likes them. If he doesn't spot this thread, will be worth PMing him.

Comment

fall of the reach is great, the flood is less great.

fall of the reach is set before the events of the game and it gives you a load of backstory and is generally very good.

the flood is basicly the book of the game and as such its not as good since you already know whats going to happen, however it does show you some stuff you didnt get to see in the game as parts of it are from the perspective of the marines, captain keyes and even from the perspective of a covenant grunt.

get fall of the reach first and then the flood later if you like that.

Comment

Yeah, I was hoping JRM could give his two cents.

Thanks a lot!

I'll be picking up Fall of Reach atleast then...

Are there any more books comming out?

Comment

I haven't read the other one but Fall Of Reach is great. It's no literary classic but does exactly what it says on the tin. Fleshes out the Halo universe and story for you and is an enjoyable, quick read.

Get it.

Comment

for ?4 each you can't go wrong... good books, first is definately better though.

Comment

I've got Fall of Reach, but I gave up after a couple of chapters as I found it to be pretty amateurish and badly written.

Comment

Working...
              X