Booting DVDs via Region X on a Messiah 1 PS2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Booting DVDs via Region X on a Messiah 1 PS2

Firstly, I'm using an RGB Scart and I want to play a movie in full colour not with the awful green screen. So, my solution is DVD Region X of course...

I boot up the DVD Region X disc, then it asks me to take out the disc and place the movie in - but it doesn't load, it (movie) only works if I tap the reset button on the console - but then this leads to the DVD playing in green screen due to me having to reset the console and avoiding Region X's by-pass (of the green screen mode) route.

So, any suggestions? Also I've heard of various methods in order to boot PSX games aswell - do you tap the reset button twice? - also does this apply for watching DVDs too?

Thanks.

You need to double tap the power/reset button to get the chip into DVD/PSone mode.
    So boot RegionX with a double tap, then chose region, then the PS2 will go to the srceen which displays mem cards etc the dvd will now boot up without green screen.
    You can play all psone games like this to. If you want to turn on the disc read speed options etc do it b4 you double tap with a psone game in the drive.

Hope this helps, as this is how i do it with my messiah2.

Comment

Cheers, I'll try that later .

Comment

Working...
      X