Translations for Mr Driller: Drill Land

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Translations for Mr Driller: Drill Land

The one and only FAQ at GameFAQs is a bit pants.

I don't speak Japanese, at all. I'm going to try looking at the NTSC-UK guide, but in the meantime, anyone care to tell me a bit about Drill Land?

The game mechanics are fine, I've worked that out. I can't work out, however, how to save the game, or what the "System Info" screen says when the game first loads. Note, I'm using a PAL GC with Freeloader, and it won't show the Japanese text properly.

If you select single-player, you get two options, which I believe are "start" and "continue". I can only select start. This then comes up with two more options. Choosing the left-hand one lets me start the game. Choosing the right-hand one brings up a screen of gibberish (again, no Japanese font on the PAL GC it seems), which then leads to another screen with two options, one on top, one on bottom. Select one of them and it takes you back to the first screen of giberish, select the other and it doesn't seem to do anything.

Now, going back, if I'd chosen the left-hand option and started the game, I can move around quite freely. How can I save the progress of a game? If I leave from the park screen using B, I don't get the option to continue when I select single-player.

I'm probably missing something immensely obvious here.

I'll be writing a better FAQ when I've got it all figured out ...

Tim (tm)

This is hardly a very helpful post, but I'm also interested...

Comment

---
      For clarification regarding the memory card issue - you cannot save Mr Driller Drill Land using the Freeloader.

The Freeloader doesnt save in JPN format ever, even if you set the region to JPN which explains why the text is garbled and messed up on some JPN games.

Usually this is ok because the games just save to the memory card fine however it seems Mr Driller checks for a JPN formatted card and if it isnt in that format it attempts to format the card. Therefore you cannot keep a save on there unless it is formatted in JPN format and Freeloader cannot do this, nor can it read from a card which is JPN format.

---

Comment

Boo, I did search as well.

Oh well, I really wanted it for the two-player mode, and I don't mind too much having to play the level 1 games over and over - at least they're achievable.

Now I just want Namco to release it over here, so (a) I can save, and (b) I know what they're all talking about!

Tim (tm)

Comment

The black screen that appears saying system info when you first play the game is just informing you that it needs a save data block on you memory card (i think) just press A to continue.

when you start a new game (Left option) you will get a little orange box pop up with 2 more options.

This box is asking you if you want to load/create a save file left option (yes) right option (no)

if you select left option (yes) you will get to a black screen again saying system info

here its asking you if you want to save to the memory card top option (yes) bottom option (no)

if you select bottom option (no) you will get another screen asking if you want to cancel saving top option (yes) bottom option (no)

If you select top option (yes) it will take you back 1 screen to where it asks you if you want to save to the memory card.

Phew hope that makes sense for you

Comment

Originally posted by importaku
            Phew hope that makes sense for you
            That was ecxeptionally useful. Thank you very much indeed.

Tim (tm)

Comment

glad i could help.

Comment

Usually this is ok because the games just save to the memory card fine however it seems Mr Driller checks for a JPN formatted card and if it isnt in that format it attempts to format the card.
                I know all about this but I can save fine with the Freeloader 1.06b. Drill Land formatted my US Official 251 to Jap and saved the game file on it - I had tried before with a Datel card, but that froze the game. Just yesterday I bought a cheap Interact card (uh oh) for 1 pound and it works fine with that.

Although, I do get ASCII characters instead of the proper ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Lyris
                  Usually this is ok because the games just save to the memory card fine however it seems Mr Driller checks for a JPN formatted card and if it isnt in that format it attempts to format the card.
                  I know all about this but I can save fine with the Freeloader 1.06b. Drill Land formatted my US Official 251 to Jap and saved the game file on it - I had tried before with a Datel card, but that froze the game. Just yesterday I bought a cheap Interact card (uh oh) for 1 pound and it works fine with that.

Although, I do get ASCII characters instead of the proper ones.
                  Hmm, interesting. I'll have to try again at some point with a new card.

Tim (tm)

Comment

Working...
                  X