TV out help needed !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TV out help needed !!

hi , i am struggling to get my laptop to display on a tv , i have connected it to my tv via a rf cable , my graphics card is nvidia Geforce4 488go , and in display settings it recognises the tv but i just get nothing on the tv , it cannot tune at all into the laptop display !!

anybody have any ideas or tips ? things i should do ?

any help is greatly appreciated , i know that if anyone can help me it is you guys on here , you TV gurus

hmm, what OS are you running? I have a similar gfx card in my laptop , running xp pro and I have to "extend" my display onto the TV via the display properties.

Are you sure that its an RF connection and not a composite output? Mine has a composite or s-video connection and a coax digital output on the dongle.

Comment

I've never heard of a video card/motherboard with an RF output, and since it's probably a Composite one you won't have to tune it - just hit your TV's AV button.

To get TV-out working on my brother's card I sometimes have to connect the cable, turn on the TV, then boot the computer with the TV on. Might just be luck but that usually works for me...

Comment

Originally posted by Lyris
        To get TV-out working on my brother's card I sometimes have to connect the cable, turn on the TV, then boot the computer with the TV on. Might just be luck but that usually works for me...
        That's the same behaviour as mine. If I forget to switch to the right AV channel before switching on the PC, I have to go to Display properties->Nview->Clone display.

Paddyo, maybe your TV has selectable image type for the scart connectors. If it is set to RGB, an your connection is composite, you will see nothing.

Comment

Working...
        X