Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best place to get RGB cable for Panasonic Q?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best place to get RGB cable for Panasonic Q?

Hey there! I just happened to stumble upon this site while trying to find out where I can get an RGB cable for the Panasonic Q and was just wondering if there was anyone out there that may be able to help?

I'm not sure how many of you out there own a Panasonic Q, but from what I've found out.. RGB cables for it don't actually exist and have to be specially modified or something.. anyways it means they're not easiest of things to find and wondered if anyone has one or knows where to get one? I found one place which does it - they're a little import shop and i've bought stuff from them before and know they are good.. but sadly they charge little shop prices ie quite high - they sell the cable for ?60 which seems to me a little excessive considering i bought the Q for ?200 anyway shop is

If anyone knows of a better place can they please let me know? good thing about that shop is that they modify official cables and know exactly what you're getting.. i'm a bit sceptical of 3rd party cables for my Q

Alternatively is there anyone out who's capable of doin a spot of soldering, dont spose anyone might be willing to make the cable? url is

anyways any help would be appreciated!

I paid ?45 for mine off Saurian from this very forum.
    It's quite good value if you think about it (?30ish for the official Nintendo cable, ?15 modding and postage). The picture quality is superb and makes a big difference to games. However, DVD's still only output in composite so they aren't up to the standards of the true RGB scart on the games.

Saurian doesn't make them any more but you may be able to sway him if you ask nice enough. Its worth a try because his work quality is excellent (look at his feedback).

Comment

Originally posted by bowser123
      Saurian doesn't make them any more but you may be able to sway him if you ask nice enough. Its worth a try because his work quality is excellent (look at his feedback).
      Saurian is going to start making some again (i think.) This is what he said yesterday:

Originally posted by Saurian
      I'm going to start getting a few done for people again. I have a lot of work on but I'll (try) and have 5 a week done - if anyone wants one let me know and I'll put you down and give you a shout when it's ready for you.

Comment

Omg! thats brilliant! how can I get in touch with this Saurian guy? I read in other threads something about Saurian cables and assumed Saurian was a make of cable or something

Comment

Send a PM to "Saurian"

Comment

Originally posted by AyemStoopid
            I read in other threads something about Saurian cables and assumed Saurian was a make of cable or something
            Heheh. It is a make of cable really. His cables are the stuff of legends. I honestly couldn't go back to using out-the-box leads for my Gamecube now, it's like seeing the game with new eyes. F-Zero GX looks f00king amazing BTW. 8)

Comment

Working...
            X