XboxLive problem-Can you help me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

XboxLive problem-Can you help me?

Hey guys, recently got XboxLive and had a few problems at the start (couldn't get it to work-wrong cables etc), but then it worked fine.

Then the other day i got this error message:-

[uError Message: DNS Error
    The DNS servers could not be reached. Check these possible options:

If your Xbox console is connected directly to your modem, verify the DNS Servers settings match the settings provided by your ISP.
    If your Xbox console is connected to a router, verify the DNS Servers settings are set to automatic.
    See www.xbox.com/connect for more information.

So, i looked on the XboxLive website and the thing i could find which might be wrong is that there is a problem with the ISP's server. So i rang up a freind who has the same ISP and everythings running fine.

Then he told me that he had had this error message and that it was something to do with the IP adress changing to 0.00.00.0, however he has Windows XP and just had to click repair, i have Windows 98 and haven't got a clue how to fix it.

Can any of you help me?

Please reply soon.

If it thinks your IP address is 0.0.0.0 its almost certainly because your connection to your ISP hasn't handed you your proper IP. This normally happens because your connect failed.

Does it work for the Windows machine?

Comment

Yeah, i think your right, but do you or anyone know how to fix it on Windows 98?

Comment

Working...
      X