Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xbox 360 Data Transfer

Guys

Is there a way of transferring data off a 20GB xbox HDD and storing it until I get an Elite?

Originally posted by Rubix78 View Post
    Guys

Is there a way of transferring data off a 20GB xbox HDD and storing it until I get an Elite?
    There is a Datel product called the X-Sata. This allows you to dump the entire contents of your drive via a USB cable onto a PC hard disk. In terms of restoring it to another disk, I don't know if that would work. I only really bought it because it adds a cool blue LED strip underneath the Hard Drive.

Comment

Thanks, I will need to put it onto another. Looks like microsofts cable is the only way but you need both HDD

Comment

I upgraded from a premium to an elite a couple of weeks ago and did the transfer using a memory card to move my saves (only one that would not move was Perfect Dark 0).
        I recovered my gamertag to the elite, copied the saves and reloaded my DLC. It tooks a bit of time but was quicker that waiting for the MS kit.

Comment

Has anyone used the MS kit?

Comment

I was looking at getting an Elite so thought it would be a good idea to try and order the cable before I got the machine. Unfortunately you can't order the cable until you have the serial number of the Elite. I understand why........ but Nintendo have been proactively giving me free stuff recently. Wii remote straps and protective cases. Its not like I'd want the cable for anything other than transfering to an Elite that I was going to buy. Also, theres several warnings on the xbox help pages about using the new HDD before you transfer data from the old one.
            Put me off in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Stakers View Post
              I was looking at getting an Elite so thought it would be a good idea to try and order the cable before I got the machine. Unfortunately you can't order the cable until you have the serial number of the Elite. I understand why........ but Nintendo have been proactively giving me free stuff recently. Wii remote straps and protective cases. Its not like I'd want the cable for anything other than transfering to an Elite that I was going to buy. Also, theres several warnings on the xbox help pages about using the new HDD before you transfer data from the old one.
              Put me off in the end.
              Can you remember what the warnings were out of interest?!

I have a machine with a 20gig HD on and I have a 120gig ready for when I get the transfer kit. I haven't as yet used the 120gig drive, just downloaded a couple of demos to run it in as it were at make sure it's working.

If you could remember the warnings that would be great, I really don't want to lose any data or anything before I do so!

Cheers!

Comment

Here you go:

The original preloaded content will be completely erased and replaced with the content from your current hard drive during migration.
                As with any data-transfer process, there is a risk that some or all of your data may become lost during the transfer process. If you proceed with the data-transfer process, you do so at your own risk and you agree that Microsoft is not liable for any loss of data resulting from the transfer process.

Comment

Here you go:

The original preloaded content will be completely erased and replaced with the content from your current hard drive during migration.
                  As with any data-transfer process, there is a risk that some or all of your data may become lost during the transfer process. If you proceed with the data-transfer process, you do so at your own risk and you agree that Microsoft is not liable for any loss of data resulting from the transfer process.

http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/support/sy...ingstoknow.htm
                  Thanks for that Interesting stuff for sure. Not so much of a worry because I haven't seriously used the 120gig yet, so nothing on there I am fussed about losing. As for losing data in the copying process, they always say things like that as a warning so again not really a huge conern! Ta very much for the link though all the same, certainly an interesting read

Comment

Here you go:

http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/support/sy...ingstoknow.htm
                    That warning is only there because microsoft have to cover themselves.

Comment

You can buy the cable off ebay. My friend did this and made a small profit when he sold it on lol

Comment

I used a 512mb mem card to transfer all my saves etc - took no time at all , you can fit a fair amount on the cards.

Comment

But can you transfer arcade games and scores?

Comment

This will make you sick. My cable arrived today from microsoft within four working days

Comment

Working...
                            X