Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it really worth getting a component cable for the xbox?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it really worth getting a component cable for the xbox?

The original xbox i mean, just played streetfighter 3 using my really good old rgb lead. It looks stunning. So is it really worth the upgrade, im hearing talk that the xbox can output at 720p?

I can't seem to find a decent component lead for the xbox either, they all look like cheap ass hk ****e.

For the games that support 720p I think it's worth it, personally. I didn't have too many games on the Xbox that supported it (Just X-Men Legends and Freedom Fighters if I remember correctly) but they both looked much better for it.

Not to mention how much better the dash looks at that resolution.

Try for the official cables also, seemed excellent quality when I used them.

Comment

If you have a TV that accepts a progressive signal then yes, definately. The 480p output is great, remember that it is only available on NTSC machines or modded machines though.

This was the official component solution

Comment

Once softmoded the Xbox can indeed do HD over component but you will need the official Microsoft component kit because everyone I've tried that hasnt been official has been complete cack & not worked properly at all.

In the end I just gave up & used the official advanced RGB cable as I couldnt find a reasonably priced official component cable & it's served me weel for about 3 years now.

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
          If you have a TV that accepts a progressive signal then yes, definately. The 480p output is great, remember that it is only available on NTSC machines or modded machines though.

This was the official component solution
          http://global.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept...id-1001827387/
          It says for japanese machines only. But i guess as soon as i softmodded my xbox it should work fine?

Comment

Originally posted by Number45 View Post
            I didn't have too many games on the Xbox that supported it (Just X-Men Legends and Freedom Fighters if I remember correctly) but they both looked much better for it.

Not to mention how much better the dash looks at that resolution.
            There was also Soul Calibur 2 (which was 720p, but bordered to 4:3) Enter the Matrix, one of the ATV games, the NTSC Hulk Ultimate Destruction and probably some more too.

The dashboard only ever output 480p though

Comment

Originally posted by Zero9X View Post
              It says for japanese machines only. But i guess as soon as i softmodded my xbox it should work fine?
              The cables were all the same and will work on any machine, but you need to have softmodded/NTSC machine to physically see the HD options on the dash.

Comment

Chinese made: http://www.consoleshop.com/product.p...cat=275&page=1

German made: http://www.consoleshop.be/product/26...-av-cable.html

You choose... (I paid € 15 for the latter one about a month ago, they know it's quality, or they must be running low )

Comment

Working...
                X