DVD Player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Player

Hi I need to get a multiregion dvd player, it also needs to have component out and pal/ntsc progressive capabilities, vcd/svcd playback is a must, and mp3 would be nice i suppose.

anyone recomend anything?

I'd recommend you pop down to Asda and pick ip a Pacific 1002 DVD player for less than ?50.
    It outputs both a PAL and NTSC signal (not sure about progressive scan though), plays MP3's, SVCD's VCD's and has a piss-easy region hack.
    The playback quality seems to easily be on par with the Xbox's

Only problem with it is the SCART signal is a bit weak (you can sometimes see a 'ghost image' of the TV signal in the background) so you have to tune your telly to a 'snowstorm' signal first. Also the seek time is pretty slow so you do get a slight pause when it transitions between layers on the disk.

Still pretty good for ?50 though. and you can always take it back with their no-fuss guarantee if you think its ****e.

Comment

Have a look on www.richersounds.com for the limit 9000 which does all of the above and progressive scan.

Neil.

Comment

Take a look on www.novatech.co.uk they are my local pc supplier, and I mean local its like a 5min walk.
        Any wayz I bought my DVD player there it was under ?50 plays Mp3/Vcd/Svcd and is multiregion, Its made By Cyberhome? yes I thought you would know it?

Comment

no offence guys but im looking for a REALLY GOOD dvd player, ?50 sets aernt going to cut it and besides, they definitly dont have component out.

Comment

Freddo,
            Go look on www.avforums.com for the limit dvd player and reviews. Its about 150 quid AND IT IS THE MUTS PREVERBIALS.

Or you can be a twat and blow 1000 on an Arcam and get a worse picture :-)

The choice is yours.

Neil.

Comment

hmmmm, by the sounds of it most PAL PS dvds are still very much in their infancy, I think i'll stick with my pioneer for now.

thanks anyway guys.

Comment

Sounds like you want the nice new Pioneer 757Ai

C

Comment

I suggest you look here. Best site/store for multi-region DVD players IMO. Very good service and advice given too.

Comment

hmmm, actualy i rather like the sound of the sony DVP-NS730PS,

anyone got one or seen any reviews of it?

Comment

No but I don't reckon you can go far wrong for under 200 notes

Comment

Working...
                      X