Jap DDR on pal PSX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jap DDR on pal PSX

i'm thinking about getting me a dirt-cheap modded psx, so i can ditch stepmania & my slower-then-a-frikkin-tortoise pc in favour of the real thing.
    My question is: does this give sync problems with sound & video, as there are some psx's out there that don't even need an rgb-cable to output colour ntsc?

Only 1st & 2nd Mix play without problems on a PAL PSX the rest (3rd,4th,5th & Extra) all require an Action Replay/Game Shark/Exploder code in order to sort out the sync problems and even then it doesn't work 100% as occasionally songs will stutter and you have to restart the song again.

If you want to play the real thing rather than DWI etc then you'd be better off with a Japanese PSX which you can get pretty cheaply now. As a side note if you have a modded PAL PS2 then DDR Max & Max 2 work perfectly and DDR Extreme is only 2 months away from release as well.

Comment

Nisa, do you know if the Beatmania series is effected by this problem?

Sorry to go slightly off topic.

Comment

None of the 5 key Beatmania games have any sync problems, same with all IIDX games. Some of the later 5 key versions have mod chip protection although I've never had a problem with that on either my PAL PSX or PS2.

Comment

thanks very much, as i'll get beatmania too in a few days and i was affraid this would be a problem as well

Comment

Working...
          X