No announcement yet.

GC making horrible noises

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've never experienced anything like this with my machine.

Sounds like the lens tracking beyond the disk maybe?

Comment

It's possible... whatever it is it's looking like my gamecube's disc drive is dead and I'm incredibly disappointed with the whole thing... I need to decided if getting a new one is really in my best interest.

Comment

Originally posted by Valken
        It's possible... whatever it is it's looking like my gamecube's disc drive is dead and I'm incredibly disappointed with the whole thing... I need to decided if getting a new one is really in my best interest.
        I do replacement drive units for ?25 if needed

Comment

My machine has also just done it on Beach Spikers and crashed. I'm going to buy some compressed air and clean the system out to see if that solves the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Saurian
            Originally posted by Valken
            I do replacement drive units for ?25 if needed
            I'm gonna give it a massive clean later but if that doesnt sort it you can expect an email from me later mate. You and londonconsole.com are one in the same right?

Comment

My cube did this about a week after i bought it so it's nothing to do with dust in the machine.At the mo i'm playing Zelda TWW and it's doint it about every 30 miutes but it hasn't crashed yet

Comment

Originally posted by Shin Gouki
                My cube did this about a week after i bought it so it's nothing to do with dust in the machine.At the mo i'm playing Zelda TWW and it's doint it about every 30 miutes but it hasn't crashed yet
                #

I don't know if that's a fair statement. It's a known fast that dust acts as insulation for electric parts and makes them overheat. The fact the mine starts "overheating" after 20 mins or so and keeps having disc read errors more frequently after that implies that it's likely that dust could be the problem.

Of course a worn out motor in the drive could also be a problem as it would have more current going through it if it wasn't spinning as fast as it should.

Comment

My PAL Cube started doing it this week

I was having a quick go of Resident Evil and when accessing the disc it was clunking like a bugger

No hang up's or crashes though

Guess I'll just have to turn up the volume on the TV

Comment

Working...
                  X