Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Returning an NTSC Wii for repairs (Sponsered by VG+!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Returning an NTSC Wii for repairs (Sponsered by VG+!)

Right so my wii is on the blink graphically. I'm pretty sure it won't require the whole wii replaced, however it needs to go off to the good old USA

I'm sending it via the helpful blokes at vg+ (www.videogamesplus.com) and I was wondering what's everyone's experience with sending stuff for repairs?
    Will I get my saves copied across?
    Will I keep my VC stuff? (not loads but enough to make it worth asking for!)
    How long will it all take?

Hope someone has some tales of joy to keep me optimistic about the whole thing...

oh and just to add I'm out of warranty so it's going to cost me ...

I just got my NTSC Wii back today, sent it to a friend in the States who sent it to NOA. I had the SSBB disc error, but it was within warranty period. The paperwork that came back with it said that the cost would have been $74.99. Make sure VG+ doesn't rip you off. I didn't know VG+ provides this service, nice to know. Means you should avoid customs charges, right?

Comment

I just can't get a picture from my US Wii - tried both composite and component, sound is alright but no picture. I haven't touched the Wii for a month and now suddenly.. wat wat Perhaps I can send it to VG+?

Comment

Ideally, you have to ask them though. If you're out of warrenty I'd definately say it's probably not worth it. My wii seems to be fine (and it appears to be the cable/monitor incompatability).

Comment

my wii randomly died, no picture or sound would show up and no wii remotes would sync to the console, had to send it to VG+ who sent it back to Nintendo for me.
          Took 2 and a half months to come back from Nintendo unfortunately. (was annoying coz I got smash bros but no wii)
          They weren't able to save my game data (thankfully I just grabbed all the 100% saves online as they're not far off, on most of my games) However Online games like mario kart/smash bros can't transfer saves.
          VC games will be fine you'll be able to go download them again from the shop if they're not on the console.

almost 3 months, and £50 postage, nintendo didn't bother to compensate me whatsoever, but the nice guys at VG+ gave me a 2000 wii points card. havent spent any yet but will probably buy some wii ware games tomorrow

Comment

I just can't get a picture from my US Wii - tried both composite and component, sound is alright but no picture. I haven't touched the Wii for a month and now suddenly..
            So I sent it off to a local (local meaning "in this country") repair shop. First, I got a mail when they had received it and they said it was working fine. I couldn't understand a thing since the last time I checked before sending it I neither got sound or an image on my TV. So I asked them to "strengthen" the AV-leads inside the Wii and send it back. Just tested it again (component only as the composite-cable is now some 430kms away at my parents house) and now I only get audio, again. I have no reason to distrust the repair guys so I'm starting to wonder .. what the hell is going on with my Wii?

I'm going to search the city for a S-video-cable tomorrow, but don't know how that'll help

Comment

Working...
            X