bringing us xbox to uk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bringing us xbox to uk

my wife and i are about to move to manchester from new york and i'm wondering what will be involved in bringing my us xbox. i know i need a power transformer, but what do i need to hook it up to a british tv? we are students and on a budget, so i imagine whatever tv we get won't be too fancy. will any tv work or do we need some special tv? are there any special connectors i need to buy or is svideo good enough?

No need to get a special tv, any modern one will do, if it doesn't accept an ntsc signal through composite connections just get an rgb lead, they only cost a few pounds and they will allow your xbox to display correctly on 99% of the tv's made in the last 10 years.

Comment

Originally posted by nmrs
      ...are there any special connectors i need to buy or is svideo good enough?
      Svideo is fine if you get a TV that supports it.

Comment

And you can replace the PSU if you would prefer not to have a chunky step down for the cost of about #30. Not that I'd recommend it necessarily as mine just died on me, but the idea's good!

Comment

Originally posted by probeater
          No need to get a special tv, any modern one will do, if it doesn't accept an ntsc signal through composite connections just get an rgb lead, they only cost a few pounds and they will allow your xbox to display correctly on 99% of the tv's made in the last 10 years.
          Just get an RGB lead anyway, who want to play via composite?

Comment

I got US XBOX and it is fine in UK but you need a strong stepdown transformer as a cheap one is not stronger enough for XBOX as it get too hot too quickly.

Comment

Working...
            X