PN. 03

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PN. 03

I was reading an old issue of Games tm yesterday, and there was a paragraph saying that some of the CAPCOM exclusive Cube games (namely Viewtiful Joe and PN03) were going to be multi-format after all. Is this still the case? Is PN03 going to get a release on other systems (xbox, ps2)? I was thinking of getting another Cube (sold my first one ages ago), but if PN03 is gonna be available on another format, and CAPCOM stop making Cube exclusives (as they said they were going to), there doesn't seem a lot of point.

There are currently no plans for either P.N. 03, Killer 7 or Viewtiful Joe to hit any system other than the GC. You wanna play 'em, a GC is what you are gonna need.

Oh, and Capcom are not going to stop making exclusives there either - Shinji Mikami wants to work on an exclusive Nintendo IP-based title for a start.

Comment

Cheers for clearing that up. Dunno what Games tm were on about then, but it was definitely there in black and white. I always thought that PN03 was a Cube exclusive though.

I'm oh so close to getting a Cube at the moment, and that's just tipped the scales a bit further.

Comment

Originally posted by video-fenkey.com
        ...and as if that wasn't enough unnerving GameCube news for you, there's also increasing indication from Europe that Viewtiful Joe is coming to the PS2 much sooner than later, with PN03 following along like a duckling to its mother. German mag Play the PlayStation reportedly already has a video of the PS2 game in action, and an announcement is imminent, according to Jeux-france. (The PN03 news comes from a different magazine which J-F doesn't care to identify.) This will need some further investigation on my part, I think...
        Slightly dodgy google translation:
        Originally posted by jeux-france.com

News: Viewtiful Joe soon on PlayStation 2 [ Rumour ]
        After the cancellation of Dead Phoenix , Capcom could straightforwardly re-examine its strategy compared to its 3 exclusive plays GameCube, namely P.N 03, Killer 7 as Viewtiful Joe which is called today in question...

Viewtiful Joe was not a raving success in Japan, but recall that the play still did not leave to the United States and to Europe. At all events, according to the German magazine ' Play The PlayStation 2 ' , Viewtiful Joe would be adapted soon on PlayStation 2. To support the thing, the magazine would present even a video of this title in its DVD PS2 offered! It is not all since another internal source in the distribution also declares that the play of action in 2d will leave indeed on the console Sony.
        One now awaits an official advertisement on behalf of Capcom.

(Source: Play The Playstation 2)
        So is this all just blatant rumour mongering ... or does anyone think that Joe and friends could be going multi-format?

Comment

Shinji Mikami has a big grudge against Sony (he thinks their products are meant to break) so he's in the ninty camp. I doubt those games will ever see a PS2 release.

Comment

Originally posted by Razz
            (he thinks their products are meant to break)
            Shinji and me versus the world.

Comment

Working...
            X