480p PS2 games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by monomaniacpat View Post
    Sometimes the option is actually in the menu. Have you checked them? Also, I assume you've set component/YPbPr in the PS2 system menu?
    There are no options menus ingame, and yes i have component video output activated
    i run fine other progressive games, nights, alien hominid, etc, and also gran turismo 4 and tourist trophy @ 1080i

i also have tried circle plus x(alien hominid), are there other combinations?

Comment

Originally posted by rav3n View Post
      There are no options menus ingame, and yes i have component video output activated
      i run fine other progressive games, nights, alien hominid, etc, and also gran turismo 4 and tourist trophy @ 1080i

i also have tried circle plus x(alien hominid), are there other combinations?
      It's definitely TRIANGLE + X to enable prog. scan if available and not (for whatever reason) offered as a menu option. At least this is true for PAL games.

If you've played GT4 in 1080i you're talking about the NTSC version. From the sound of his post Roddie is interested in 480p in relation to PAL PS2 games of which there are far fewer.
      Last edited by fallenangle; 10-02-2010, 20:54.

Comment

Originally posted by rav3n View Post
        sorry about the thread digging

i cant get Sega Rally Championship (bonus disc) to run @ 480p

tried pressing triangle and x after (and keep both pressed), without success. i run other games @ 480p fine with that "combination"

i also tried pressing triangle and x (and keep both pressed), without success

anyone can really confirm that the combination triangle plus x works for this game? am i doing something wrong?
        It definitely works with the bonus disc by holding both Triangle & X down, just tried it now, held them both down whilst powering on the PS2 and kept them held down until the option appeared asking if I wanted to set it progressive scan.

Comment

I should probably make a new post but....

King Of Fighters 2001 is giving me no picture once I'm in the main game thru component? The loading screens all show and the game is running as I can hear the audio and even here responses to button clicks but no picture. Any ideas? Are some games con compatible with component?

Comment

It could be that the game is running at a lower resolution than standard. I have this issue if I try and play PAL Ico through component on my HDTV because it's outputting something like 272p.

Comment

I've heard of people experiencing similar things too where on certain HD TVs PS games running at lower than 480i resolution are displayed just in the top or bottom half of the screen.

I found this discussion on another forum a long time ago:-

Last edited by fallenangle; 13-02-2010, 22:15.

Comment

Working...
              X