Vdigi VD-Z3/VD-P3 with PS2 q's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vdigi VD-Z3/VD-P3 with PS2 q's

Will I only be able to see PS2 games that support 480p on my monitor running via component cable to VD-Z3 to VGA? The unit doesn't do 480i from what I can gather.

Also, would the VD-P3 http://www.vdigi.com/index.php?page=...emart&Itemid=1 work with a PS2? I gather it'd be the same as the VD-Z3 in that only 480p stuff would be viewable if it is compatible, but it'd be much neater than the VD-Z3 setup. It looks to be the same thing, just in a PS multi-out only configuration.

Cheers me dears.
    Last edited by J0e Musashi; 14-08-2008, 11:12.
    Kept you waiting, huh?

If you wanna get 480i PS2 titles to display on your monitor just grab one of these:

I was in a similar situation a couple of months ago, read about this little gadget on some other forums and am pleased to say it works really well.

Comment

Originally posted by neoboy259 View Post
      If you wanna get 480i PS2 titles to display on your monitor just grab one of these:

I was in a similar situation a couple of months ago, read about this little gadget on some other forums and am pleased to say it works really well.

Interesting...

could i use this with a HD 1080p screen to upscale 480i/p games from the xbox/ps2/wii via component?

Comment

That's looking interesting. Is the article suggesting that it actually upscales images? Upscalers are usually far more expensive than that and I'd definately get one for our Wii if it handles the job well.

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
          Interesting...

could i use this with a HD 1080p screen to upscale 480i/p games from the xbox/ps2/wii via component?
          It connects via VGA to the display I'm afraid.

Originally posted by John Parry View Post
          That's looking interesting. Is the article suggesting that it actually upscales images? Upscalers are usually far more expensive than that and I'd definately get one for our Wii if it handles the job well.
          I actually found out about this through the SHMUPS forum:

Some are of the opinion that this is as good as an XRGB-3. Only negative is that its component only, and one source at at time. Tried it with a Wii and it produced as good an image as the VDIGI Wii VGA cable.

Comment

[QUOTE=neoboy259;1403456]It connects via VGA to the display I'm afraid.

aye, but the input signal is component to VGA out.

Meaning i could feed a video signal from the ps2/xbox/wii at 480i/p and it would upscale to an HD monitor resolution?

Comment

Just ordered one of these for my PS2/Xbox 1. I'll let you know how it fares when I receive it.

Thanks for the link, nice stuff.

Comment

ordered too

cheers

Comment

I'm not going to order one yet as I want to here what people on here think about how it handles the Wii before I buy one.

Hopefully it'll be good but because of the fairly poor quality English on the site they somehow avoiding telling you what it does in detail.

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
                    aye, but the input signal is component to VGA out.

Meaning i could feed a video signal from the ps2/xbox/wii at 480i/p and it would upscale to an HD monitor resolution?
                    You can set it from 640x480 all the way to 1600x1200, so there'll be some scaling done by the display. I have mine set to 640x480.

Originally posted by John Parry View Post
                    I'm not going to order one yet as I want to here what people on here think about how it handles the Wii before I buy one.

Hopefully it'll be good but because of the fairly poor quality English on the site they somehow avoiding telling you what it does in detail.

I tried it with a Wii and the quality seemed fine, well, about as fine as a 480i image can look on a widescreen monitor

Comment

The HD Box Pro seems like it'd do what I need. I gather you get an English manual with it?

I got a few q's about sound though...
                      1. How do the audio in and out ports work on it?
                      2. My work PC has no speaker setup, so how can I get sound from the component input? Can I just plug headphones into the Audio Out port, and it'll work?
                      Last edited by J0e Musashi; 15-08-2008, 20:02.
                      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                        The HD Box Pro seems like it'd do what I need. I gather you get an English manual with it?

I got a few q's about sound though...
                        1. How do the audio in and out ports work on it?
                        2. My work PC has no speaker setup, so how can I get sound from the component input? Can I just plug headphones into the Audio Out port, and it'll work?
                        I received a Chinese manual! Instructions are on their website and on the shmups link I posted earlier. Its a piece of piss to set up anyway, the menu only has 2 options and a sub-menu anyway.

Soundwise, there's a 3.5mm audio in, 3.5mm audio out and the regular L/R audio sockets in. The standard audio sockets on the component lead could go in those, and then you can plug a pair of headphones or PC speakers into the audio out socket. I havent tried these though cos my sound is routed to an external amp.

hth

Comment

Ok great. Would I be able to adjust the volume of the headphones this way? They may be defaulted to either really loud or really quiet. If not is there some kind of headphone amp available that I could plug into the audio out socket and then connect my cans to, which would allow me to adjust volume?

Also what is the audio in for?
                          Last edited by J0e Musashi; 20-08-2008, 10:59.
                          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I think the audio in is for connecting a pc sound card to the box.

And yeh, you can buy headphone amps, but dont think they're cheap tho.

Comment

Mine has just turned up. What's that six days later? And I only paid for standard post, nice going Hong Kong post!

I was expecting a cheap and nasty powerblock, and I get a D-Link one?!! That's right D-Link, as in network products! Must've had a surplus at thier powerpack supplier....

Anyway, not sure if I'll have time tonight to try it, but definitely tomorrow night.

It's much smaller that I thought it'd be (from the photos in the reviews). It's like 5 inches by 4 inches, by an inch or so thick.

Edit: Also the manual is chinese as neoboy states.
                              Last edited by gunrock; 21-08-2008, 14:40. Reason: Extra info

Comment

Working...
                              X