Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just got Disaster DoC and I can't seem to get it to load through the disc channel. I've used Starfall to give me region free games, which works for Gamecube games but not Wii games I guess. I can boot it using GeckoOS, and also reboot through GeckoOS, turning on region free, which lets me load it through the disc channel, but not when I turn the console on. Any suggestions?

Comment

I've no experience with Starfall, but can't you just load it from the Homebrew Channel with Gecko when you want to play it instead of using the disc channel?

Also, from what I've heard, the compatibility for Starfall isn't great; it will work with Wii games, but not many.

Comment

I can but it's a pain - takes a while. Much easier just to load it from the disc channel.

Comment

Originally posted by Roddie View Post
          So did you get your region changed back?
          Only just got around to checking. Nope, still asks me the shop region change question and then dies. So this Wii's shop is stuck in the UK. What a bummer.

Also once I'd rebooted, the Wii region (now US) appears correctly.

Comment

Incidentally, when using Gecko 1.7 and Homebrew Channel to region free (reboot and loaded thru disk channel), can you use the home button to quit back to the Wii menu?

I get a black screen, every time and the reset button doesn't work.... I have to hold the power button down to power it down (LED goes red).

Comment

Just so people know, there's a new, unofficial version of GeckoOS out. This bypasses the new region protection found in Bleach: Versus Crusade (and presumably more titles in the future, and if you use it in combination with the patched cIOS, it'll run Korean discs too.

If you don't install the modified cIOS, you can still play the newer games, you just can't play Korean discs. There's no harm in installing it for the hell of it though (and I needed to in order to play Megaman 9 on my 3.2 machine).

(I'm assuming linking is fine, since there's nothing warez on there).

edit by charlesr: link removed. This stuff lets you load wads, so against the rules. sorry.
              Last edited by charlesr; 13-01-2009, 19:10.

Comment

Can anyone help,as I managed to get the homebrew channel on the Wii but cannot get any of the Gecko loaders to run,they just come up as"This is not a valid Wii application"?The Wii is a 3.1E so this might be something to do with it.As I've never been online with the Wii,could I set it up to use the US vc without any problems?Any help would be great thanks,Jim.

Comment

Ensure you are using a .dol version, as .wad's no longer work with newer versions of Homebrew Channel. At some point, it might be an idea to upgrade to 3.2E using the Waninkoko IOS Downgrader, but it's by no means essential at this point.

Comment

What's the situation with save games and Gamecube imports with Gecko? I used a switched Gamecube to run Japanese games, so all my saves are in the proper Japanese format (rather than being Japanese saves on a US formatted card like you'd get with Freeloader on the GC).

Is it safe to try to load these when booting the game through Gecko, or will it try to reformat the card to the US format? I notice in Mr Driller that the text is messed up on the title screen, like when you used Freeloader, so I was worried about trying my Japanese saves on it.

Comment

Sorry if this isnt allowed ? Mods delete if innapropriate ... Im running homebrew but need a gamma loader to run a certain app - i know nothing of this gamme oojameflip so any advise is appreciated thanks

Comment

Gamma loader only runs isos :P

Comment

My US Wii is on 3.2 firmware & I already have HBC & Gecko loaded; can I update my Wii to 3.4, or will that stop Gecko from working?

Comment

If you have HBC installed you should be able to downgrade afterwards if necessary.
                            I don't think you need to for Gecko though.
                            I'm on 3.3U which is fine.
                            What game do you have that need 3.4U?

Comment

Originally posted by smouty View Post
                              What game do you have that need 3.4U?
                              No game - I wanted to buy some VC games from the shop, but can't seem to unless I upgrade.

Comment

Over on wiibrew.com you can find an updater for the shop, it will only update the shop, so you can keep your system at 3.2x. Look for "Wii Shop and IOS51 installer" and why not get "Mii Channel Updater" also.

Comment

Working...
                                X