Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the HBC you should have the homebrew browser , if you fire that up under the utlilties section gecko should be in there.

Comment

Originally posted by evilthecatuk View Post
      Hi again, I managed to get the HBC on my US 3.4 Wii but now im a bit stuck can anyone explain how I can get Gecko on it please
      Create an apps folder in the root of your SD card and a subfolder for gecko e.g. \apps\gecko and copy the .dol or .elf file into it. Rename it to boot.dol and when starting HBC you should see it.
      You can also put in a picture and an xml file to make it look nicer.

Comment

Originally posted by smouty View Post
        Create an apps folder in the root of your SD card and a subfolder for gecko e.g. \apps\gecko and copy the .dol or .elf file into it. Rename it to boot.dol and when starting HBC you should see it.
        You can also put in a picture and an xml file to make it look nicer.

Thank you it worked like a charm, I can finally play Little Kings Story

Comment

I followed the guide here and now have the homebrew channel on my wii running 4.0u.

Last edited by JB@XL; 10-05-2009, 21:21.

Comment

I've finally got around to installing the Homebrew Channel and GeckoOS v1.9 on my Wii (PAL, 3.4E System Menu).

While Tatsunoko vs. Capcom works fine, it seems to only want to run in Black and White when I select to run it in NTSC video mode and a green screen when I try to run it in PAL 50 or PAL 60. Short of getting a new TV that could handle NTSC better, is there any other way around this?

Also, my PAL copy of Madworld wants me to update before it will run. When I try to load it through GeckoOS, it asks for the installation of IOS53 (IOS53-64-v4113.wad) and won't run the game unless I do so. How do I get around this?

Thanks in advance.
            Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 12-05-2009, 13:26.

Comment

I see the Beta version of BootMii is out now.

From what I've read it may allow people with Firmware v.4 to use Homebrew stuff if they didn't already have it installed.

It's an interesting app because it seems to be able to create a system restore which should make the Wii unbrickable. That and being able to interrupt the boot process and get rid of that annoying H&S screen.

Comment

This might be a really stupid question, but I'll ask it anyway as I have a history of this sort of thing - if my digital cam has a slot for SD cards, does that mean I can use it as a reader?

My Wii is still on version 3.4e and I really want to add HBC.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                  While Tatsunoko vs. Capcom works fine, it seems to only want to run in Black and White when I select to run it in NTSC video mode and a green screen when I try to run it in PAL 50 or PAL 60. Short of getting a new TV that could handle NTSC better, is there any other way around this?
                  Are you using an RGB Scart cable (and into an RGB-capable socket)? Black-and-White display normally means your TV can't handle an NTSC signal, but if it's connected using RGB it should work fine.

The green screen problem is baffling though.

Comment

Yes, you should be able to use your camera as a reader. I'm pretty sure most cameras work ok like that, unless they have some wierd custom software.

You can do it with the bannerbomb exploit rather than the Twilight one now too. So basically you just need to find and get the right bits. I've installed BootMii and it looks interesting.

I have no custom IOS installed and I cant find a way to do it with ver 4 firmware. I cant downgrade either. Wanted to see what the fuss about the SDUSB loader is all about.

Comment

I'd still much rather use the Twilight method, it sounds easier to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33 View Post
                        Are you using an RGB Scart cable (and into an RGB-capable socket)? Black-and-White display normally means your TV can't handle an NTSC signal, but if it's connected using RGB it should work fine.

The green screen problem is baffling though.
                        Well I'm using the cable that comes with a PAL Wii (Red/Yellow/White-ended with SCART Plug) which I think is RGB SCART (Not the most clued up about all this jargon for TVs, tbh), so I'm guessing that my TV isn't up to displaying NTSC. As for the Green Screen, I just figure (obviously) that the game (or my TV) simply ain't having me trying to run it at PAL when it was made to run on NTSC-capable televisions in the first place.

I've been meaning to purchase a new TV set for some time now, but looking for one that's NTSC-capable seems to be a pain in the proverbial at present.

Comment

^Nah that's not RGB SCART you're using, it's Composite connected to a SCART adaptor. It's criminal that they still bundle Composite cables with games consoles.

Basically, you need one of these. The official cable is the best, but you may not want to pay the extra if you're not too bothered about slight increases in image quality.

Also, on most TV's, only the first SCART socket is RGB enabled (though there are exceptions).

Using an RGB SCART cable will work because PAL and NTSC don't matter - it's all RGB.
                          Last edited by sj33; 14-05-2009, 17:09.

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33 View Post
                            ^Nah that's not RGB SCART you're using, it's Composite connected to a SCART adaptor. It's criminal that they still bundle Composite cables with games consoles.

Basically, you need one of these. The official cable is the best, but you may not want to pay the extra if you're not too bothered about slight increases in image quality.

Also, on most TV's, only the first SCART socket is RGB enabled (though there are exceptions).

Using an RGB SCART cable will work because PAL and NTSC don't matter - it's all RGB.
                            Cheers for dropping the knowledge, my man. I may just go hunting for an official RGB SCART Cable tomorrow.

Will this also apply to my modded Panasonic Q? Region 2 DVDs are fine on it, but JPN/US GC games and other region DVDs play in Black & White.
                            Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 14-05-2009, 17:15.

Comment

^It will yeah, though I think it's slightly more difficult to get an RGB SCART cable for the Q, someone else will have to clarify that one.

Comment

My canon digital ixus seems to have some form of protection as I can't copy anything to the SD card while it's inside the camera

Anyone know if it's possible to get around it somehow?

Comment

Working...
                                X