Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used the NAND thing to backup my stuff - forgotton the proper name!
    I can't recommend softmodding it enough to be honest, it only took about 11 minutes deom start to finish and was easy as pie - I ballsed up half way through as well! And the system recovered no probs.
    3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

So is it a good idea to install this Starcube 4.0 update? Is it basically 4.0 without the downsides?

Comment

You have to go into the Settings menu in bootmii, the ones with the gears, and backup you nand flash, make sure you have space on your SD card, take up to 528MB.

Comment

I saw this on the WiiBrew wiki:

Except in the hackmii I download from here. [Link removed]

...All I get is a non-GUI interface [EDIT: to clarify, it's loaded through loadMii]. Where do you get the GUI from?
          Last edited by egparadigm; 30-05-2009, 19:58.

Comment

Please don't link to these sites. It's against our rules.

But in answer to your question, you have to ask the text menu to install the stuff if I remember.

Comment

Sorry 'bout the link. Actually, I've been avoiding doing that, must've slipped my mind.

Comment

You can launch it in HBC. If you have installed it, press the home button in HBC and it should be listed there. I have no idea what it does though tbh, so i've left it alone.

Comment

I just let my HBC do an update, and it kicked off an installer which let me install BootMii aswell, it installed with the GUI as in the photo.

Pete

Comment

I'm guessing this is down to my saving to boot2, rather than as an IOS.

Comment

Originally posted by monomaniacpat View Post
                      I'm guessing this is down to my saving to boot2, rather than as an IOS.
                      Well if it is installed as boot2, the Bootmii or the "GUI" appears, when you start up your Wii, but only if the bootmii.ini file is located in the bootmii folder on the SD card. If you don't have the SD card inserted in the slot, it will automatically load the Wii system menu.

Comment

I should have said - I have mine installed at boot2, and like cornflake says - if you remove the SD card it does just boot the normal system menu (after giving 2 quick flashes on the driveslot light)

Pete

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

I have installed bootmii to boot2. I have prepared an SD card, which puts the following three files into /SD/bootmii: armboot.bin, bootmii.ini and ppcboot.elf.

I also have the original boot.elf at /SD/Apps/BootMii. When I start my machine I receive the two flashes from the drive as described, but no sign of the BootMii menu.

I also have preloader installed and the Health Warning switched off, should that have any effect on BootMii (presumably they both want to start at the same time).

Comment

Try editing the boot.ini file, look for the bootdelay entry. If that doens't work look up the "BootMii/SD Card Compatibility List" over on wiibrew and see if your sd card is listed, it could be a compatibility problem with your SD card.

Comment

can someone advise on the best cios & usb laucher to use?

Comment

Thanks for the advice, Cornflakes – I'll look into it.

I've been using Ocarina with Manhunt 2 happily for a few days now. Sadly, it saw fit to block access to the Wii clock for gamesaves, so I was unable to pick "continue" from the menu because it picks the latest save and it is saved as 1/1/2000 if it can't access the clock. I've discovered that by using GeckoOS it doesn't block the clock, so I can save with the correct date & time. Just noting if anyone comes across this issue.

Comment

Working...
                                X