Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can anyone possibly help me out here? Basically I have the HBC installed onto my Wii via the Twilight Hack, I now want Gecko and Bootmii installing onto it, have tried following the readme files for both but they don't seem to help much. I downloaded Bootmii as a part of something called Hackmii which uses an all-in-one installer. I saw an option to install it at the same time I installed the HBC via the TH, rather stupidly however I didn't install both then and there and now I've installed the latest official firmware I can no longer access that installer as I can't use the TH anymore.

Is there an alternative way of getting these apps onto my Wii?

Edit: Gecko sorted, been looking into the homebrew browser now, not sure what to make of it. Does it really download and install apps through the Wii without the need of a PC? Would really make alot of things easier for me. Can anyone recommend?
    Last edited by Daragon; 26-08-2009, 20:39.

Comment

I finally buckled and gave this whole thing ago because having Jp Tatsunoko Vs Capcom sitting with only a pal wii to play it on.

Got HBC loaded on and a few apps working, but cant get the one (AnyRegion Changer)app working that I NEED!!!

It doesn't say in the 'read me' about where the files go etc. I've ended up copying the files into all the main folders but still cant get HBC to see anything region app related.

Comment

Don't you just need Gecko?

Comment

Indeed, now that Gecko can extract the required IOS files from the game, there's not much need for anything else. That said, I can understand wanting it to all work from the system menu.

Comment

On the subject of Gecko, are there any game stability issues associated with it at all? Just tried it out so far with a US copy of animal crossing on GC which seemed to work fine, but does anything glitch up at all or run in a lower frame rate through it?

Comment

Gecko is all you need. As long as you have the latest version you'll have no trouble at all. I run the HBC on my JPN Wii for US imports. I have loads of games that all work fine including latest releases such as Cursed Mountain, Indian Jones, Ghostbusters, Mad World and so on. Older versions of Gecko will give you a Blue Screen when trying to boot some games however the latest release works with everything I've thrown at it. Fingers crossed that it will also run my Beatles Rockband when it arrives in two weeks.

yakumo

Comment

Originally posted by Daragon View Post
                On the subject of Gecko, are there any game stability issues associated with it at all? Just tried it out so far with a US copy of animal crossing on GC which seemed to work fine, but does anything glitch up at all or run in a lower frame rate through it?
                I really don't think that's an issue. It's not emulating anything, it's literally just tricking the Wii into thinking the flag on the game is X and not Y.

I've got a US Wii and a handful of PAL Wii and Cube titles. They all load effortlessly- some, however won't boot into 60hz progressive scan on default settings. So you change the config menu to either "force NTSC" or "Force PAL 60", then they run at 60 and 480p.

The only downside to Gecko (and the Homebrew channel as a whole) is that you don't get individual time played detail from the Wii dash. It all just says HBC. This is a tiny, insignificant fault when you remember just what HBC is doing.

One thing to remember is that it's like Freeloader for Cube games. By this I mean it won't understand saves from a switched/ JPN Cube. It makes a fudged effort instead, from memory Mr Driller doesn't save properly. This doesn't occur with Wii.

Comment

Gecko is still refusing to load PAL GC Donkey Kong Jungle Beat (my only PAL GC game) on my 3.2U Wii. I tried updating to 1.9.2 and also trying the old GC Booter, but nothing seems to work. It just goes to a blank screen with no disc sounds. Hammering buttons doesn't help. No big deal really, but annoying that I can't solve this. Any ideas?

Comment

As you own the PAL version I would just download an ISO of the NTSC version.

Comment

I'd rather not muck about with my IOSs any more than I have to. Gecko probably isn't working properly with DK because one of them is probably screwed already.

Comment

Download. Burn to CD. Play. No mucking around. You own the original but are getting dicked by the Big N so it's justifiable in my eyes.

Comment

An unchipped Wii doesn't play backups unless you install a rather beta hack which doesn't work on all games. So I could just end up with wasted time and a coaster and/or a bricked Wii.

Comment

Got Gecko running lastnight Hurrah!!! Tatsunoko Vs Capcom goodness!

I wish their was a really good guide to all this HBC etc stuff. Anything i've read so far is so vague.

I wasn't sure if you could have BootMii and Gecko installed at the same time or if certain apps conflicted with each other. Just ended hope crossing fingers, and hoped for the best.

My Wii is 3.0E. Can I (official ninty) update? or will it screw-up my wii?
                            Last edited by spinpug666; 02-09-2009, 15:57. Reason: added question

Comment

I updated from 3.4U to 4.1U without any ill affects, except I lost the rebooter in Gecko OS. I used to use the rebooter so that my Wii play log would show what games I had been playing, but that's gone now. I can still play region-free games, but I don't get the actual game logged, just Homebrew Channel.

Comment

I still have to do this but don't what to mess up my Wii

Comment

Working...
                                X