Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You won't mess up your Wii, but you might mess up your homebrew configuration. Typically, Nintendo will just remove the homebrew channel alongside the installation.

Comment

really ok right if i have and use gecko

Comment

This is probably going to have a really obvious answer, but how does gecko handle multiple disk games? Do you just swap them as and when prompted and continue as normal or is there a special workaround?

Comment

Well, since the disc swapping is done on the 'game' end of business, I guess the game will simply ask you to eject the disc and then you insert the second one. With Gecko the Wii runs exactly as it would if it were a native disc, only difference being you navigate to it through Gecko.

Comment

Ok cool, so just as long as I don't restart the Wii, Gecko will pretty much cause my Wii to act as if it were hardware of the same region as the game? I suddenly won't be able to progress beyond the first disk as soon as I'm prompted to switch?

Comment

I am currently running UsbLoaderGX and have all of my games tipped to a hard drive. I never have to worry about region switching or anything. Works perfect.

Comment

Ran the latest wii update last night and my homebrew chanel has gone , is this normal ???

Comment

Originally posted by Junko View Post
                  Ran the latest wii update last night and my homebrew chanel has gone , is this normal ???
                  Yes the latest update deletes the homebrew channel and CIOS. Do not update if you want to keep homebrew or hard drive loading capabilities. There does appear to be a way back in using a new hack involving Lego Indiana Jones and v0.5 of Hackmii.

This will only give you homebrew back not CIOS and hard drive loading.

Comment

Bottom Line: Never update via Nintendo.

Comment

I'm currently running Homebrew on 4.0U. I'm about to get Wii Fit Plus, which I believe contains 4.1U. Can I update safely or is it going to delete all my homebrew?

Thanks

Comment

Can't you use gecko to avoid the update?

Comment

Probably, but I figure if it's safe to update it'll avoid the hassle of having to!

Comment

Well GeckoOS will extract any required 'updated' files from the game itself without requiring you to update, so there's really no need to.

Comment

Does gecko do this automatically or is it one of the options (if so which one)?

Comment

Can anyone advise me of my options with upgrading firmware now.

I've avoided doing so for latest update as it deletes HBC but I have 3000 points in my Wii Shop account that I can't get access to at the moment.

Is there any way to update the firmware without losing HBC or a way to get HBC back on after upgrading?

Comment

Working...
                                X