Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know if it's possible to force progressive scan on games that don't support it?

Comment

You can force 480p using a backup loader and the original disk.

Video

Comment

Thanks. Got Madworld running a little better now.

I was hoping there might be an option for Gecko – surprised it is in their feature list given this software's based upon it.

Comment

Is it possible to force GameCube games to do the same? Tried the same method but it just loads as normal.

Comment

I have a QOOB chip in my GC as this was the only known way to do it at the time and I haven't seen anything to say otherwise on the Wii but due to the QOOB I haven't looked much either

Comment

Originally posted by John Parry View Post
              I have to admit that I'm not a fan of messing around with this sort of stuff as I don't really know what I'm doing and don't want to brick my Wii but found something which took all that worry away.

I've only just started using it but from my very limited knowledge The Homebrew Browser seems to install stuff such as Gecko for dopes like me.

I've only been using it for a few minutes so hopefully other people will post more details here.
              How are you getting on with that? I'm not keen with modding my Wii but would like something easy that lets me play ntsc gc games and emulators.

Comment

You'd have to be very trustful of the packagers/list maintainers, something like that could be more dangerous than just doing it yourself.

Do you trust random internet hacker X not to upload a buggy version of something that will brick your Wii? I don't.

Comment

Originally posted by H-Man View Post
                  How are you getting on with that? I'm not keen with modding my Wii but would like something easy that lets me play ntsc gc games and emulators.
                  I've not tried any import game yet to be honest as the Wii seems to have very quickly gone to the state that our original Wii had of never being switched on.

I did find that the Homebrew Browser application worked brilliantly for me though, I was able to download different apps with a single button press. I downloaded a couple of emulators and they seemed to work OK but I've deleted them as I find that I don't bother playing freely downloaded games which isn't the same if I've paid to buy them on the Wii.

Comment

I think I've mentioned it before but it really is essential to ensure you have a working Bootmii preferably as boot2 and a NAND backup to protect you from bricking if you are messing about with this stuff.

Comment

Quick question - just updated HBC to 1.0.7, am I safe to install the latest official Wii update now without it removing the channel or stopping it from working?

Comment

Might want to check the wiibrew site as the newest update from nintendo removes a lot, but there is a way around it. Jpn wii users are shafted as thrres no current working exploit to get homebrew back on as bannerbomb is now blocked & the smash stack & indiana pwns exploits are pal/usa only.

Comment

Originally posted by Daragon View Post
                          Quick question - just updated HBC to 1.0.7, am I safe to install the latest official Wii update now without it removing the channel or stopping it from working?
                          I updated my HBC a few days ago then immediately upgraded my Wii firmware and HBC remained with no problems.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                            Might want to check the wiibrew site as the newest update from nintendo removes a lot, but there is a way around it. Jpn wii users are shafted as thrres no current working exploit to get homebrew back on as bannerbomb is now blocked & the smash stack & indiana pwns exploits are pal/usa only.
                            Urgh, I'd better be careful then.

Comment

4.2 is still exploitable though, I'm not aware of a compelling reason to update to 4.3

Comment

Originally posted by C' View Post
                                I updated my HBC a few days ago then immediately upgraded my Wii firmware and HBC remained with no problems.
                                C' is spot on here - if you upgrade your HBC to 1.0.7 and then run the official firmware updater then the channel will remain intact.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                                X