Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The main thing making me stay away from 4.3 for now is that Dop-Mii's region patches are still a tad buggy. Since I prefer to run my imports from the system menu instead of Gecko, I'm just waiting until they iron out the bugs.

Good to know that you can use the official updater though.

Comment

I'm still on 3.2E. I decided to poke around with the Wii hacking to see what I've missed. It's all IOS this and Dop that. Doing my nut in! Having to read through some proper nooby nooby tutorials which I've never done before...

Comment

Anyone know what's up with my Gecko? Since upgrading it will just boot to a black screen - all my other programs loaded through HBC seem to work fine.

Comment

I've had that a couple of times. Mostly it works though. No idea of the cause.

Comment

My Gecko doesn't do that (although considering how rarely I use it, I'm not the best test) but my USB Loader did until I installed the necessary IOS thingy.

In other news, I spent the morning/afternoon setting the Wii up and now it's all hunky-dory and running Menu 4.1. Not noticing any speed improvements loading off the hard drive but I'm not looking for any really. After the time I spent doing this, I'm dreading the day I go out and come home to find little bro/random guest #8 has updated the bloody thing. Good job I have that nand backup, then...

Comment

And I've just blindly upgraded my Wii when it prompted me too without realising what the ramifications might be.

ARSE!! I know how JPN copies of SMG2, Tatsunoko, Haruhi and Sin & Punishment 2 sat here and they're useless to me.

Check the sales thread soon!!!

Comment

Is there no way at all to get Homebrew channel working on it?

Comment

Originally posted by billy_dimashq View Post
                  Is there no way at all to get Homebrew channel working on it?
                  I don't honestly think I can be bothered anymore.

I rarely play on my Wii now and the cost of importing games from overseas means I'll wait for what I really want to be released over here.

I'm not technically minded enough to take advantage of all the other benefits of the HBC and other mod stuff.

Comment

Apparently, exploits known as 'Indiana pwns' and 'Smash Stack' still work on 4.3, presumably requiring you to rent/borrow/buy Lego Indiana Jones or Smash Brothers.

It seems like more work to sell the stuff than to just apply the exploit again tbh!

Comment

I'm with Jake on this, I also reckon it'd be more hassle selling it than trying to do the hack. Reason I mentioned HBC was just so you could run whatever app you needed to get your region-free going again. I barely touch mine but I still did the stuff just because. Also it means I don't leave the house expecting to return home to an updated Wii

Indiana pwns is probably the best hack-related term I've ever heard.

Comment

Looking into both of those the SmashStack one only works with NTSC-U copies of the game (unless you can point me to a UK version of that hack I might have missed during my Googling).

The Indy one is doable if I can find a copy of the first LEGO Indy game. I'll look tomorrow when I'm back in work.

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

EDIT: No SMG2 for me today then.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by billy_dimashq View Post
                            YAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYY!!!!!

By Grabthar's Hammer I will get the HBC reinstalled!!

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                              And I've just blindly upgraded my Wii when it prompted me too without realising what the ramifications might be.

ARSE!! I know how JPN copies of SMG2, Tatsunoko, Haruhi and Sin & Punishment 2 sat here and they're useless to me.

Check the sales thread soon!!!
                              I'm in the same boat as you

I bought the missus a US Version of SMG2 for her birthday at the weekend...whacked it in & updated the Wii without me knowing & lo no more HBC

I'm actually of the opinion now of getting a Wiikey installed instead as re-modding the US Wii for HBC is going to be WAY more effort then it's worth.

What's worse is the fine Mr Charles sold me a PAL copy of Dead Space that I was REALLY looking forward to playing & now cant...stupid women shouldnt be allowed to play games unless supervised by men lol

Neil

Comment

Looks like people really need to look into StartPatch's update blocking feature!

Comment

Working...
                                X